California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Finally found a deal, is this good?

Old 01-12-2002, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally found a deal, is this good?

After long search for MSRP S2000 in bay area, finally found something reasonable. Many thanx to Jimbo and ZMONSTA, a few others (I have to drive 1.5 hours from San Jose though).

Silver/Black S2000 (brand new, 10 miles)
Trunk Spoiler
Side Strakes
Front Spoiler
Alarm (I know, the Honda alarm is useless, but it's on it already)
Wheel locks
car cover
$34,000 + fees

It seems like a good deal, although originally, I was not going to get all the body kits and alarm, but they already put it on. Any draw back with all these options on (I guess added weight)?

I've got the delivery checklist, anything else I need to be careful with?
Is alignment really necessary? Thanx a lot. I will report on my experience with the dealer after I take delivery.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:37 AM

that seems to be a fair value... where are you getting this deal at.. oh, is this brand new 01 or 02, you didnt state that in your post.
Old 01-12-2002, 11:52 AM

Sorry, it is a brand new 2002.
Old 01-12-2002, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by gchien
Sorry, it is a brand new 2002.

better grap that deal before its taken!!
its a very good deal to me..
Old 01-12-2002, 08:34 PM

It's a good deal. Heck, it's an excellent deal. Though I admit, the first thing I would do is pull of that awful front spoiler. Unless you really LIKE hitting every parking bumper in town.

If you take it off carefully, you may even find a buyer for it.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:27 PM

George,

Glad to hear you finally found one for a good deal. Did you see the ones in the sale forum ifrom Louisiana for $31.5K? Shipping would only be $700 or so, a trip even less

Jimbo
Old 01-13-2002, 07:30 AM

I know for the rear spoiler and side strakes, you need to drill holes to install them.
Is it not the same for the front spoiler? If it can be easily removed, I may consider removing them. Thanx. Picking up this AM, will post more later this evening with experience.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:11 AM

Don't know if it requires drilling, I assume it does, somewhere. But I had the body shop remove it a month after I bought my MY2K (used) -- Not only didn't I like the look with it on, but I found it reduced the ground clearance in front way too much. And stuck out just enough to be a problem.
Old 01-13-2002, 08:37 PM

~gchien
I'd have to say that's a heck of a deal. If I were you I'd go for it! What color is it by the way? If you decide to get it congrats! I know you'll enjoy it
Old 01-14-2002, 08:00 AM

I took delivery of the 2002 Silver/Black yeasterday morning from Stockton Honda.
the transaction was smooth because we had agreed upon a price before I headed
out. The price is $34000 with aero kit, alarm, wheel locks and car cover, it had 20 miles on it (I hope this is okay). Out of door, just a little bit over $37K. (Stockton is exactly 100 miles from Cupertino, about 1.5 hr drive)

They were motivated to move this one because it had been on the show room for 2 months. I can tell because there is some dust collecting on the dash and seat. They kept it in the show room until I got there. Cleaned it out while I did the paper work.

For those of you still looking for a good deal, Stockton currently has 4 (2 Yellow/Blk, 1 Blk/Blk, 1 Silver/Red). The yellow/Blk has rear spoiler, alarm and wheel locks, the others are no option. They told me one of the yellow is on promotion also, they want to move that one.

Yes, the front spiler reduces the GND clearance by "A LOT", my wife thinks it makes it look better with all the aero kit. I guess I will think about it for a little while to see if I want to keep it or not. But it looks kind of funny with all aero kit except the front.

Jimbo, I did contact a dealership in SD a few months back and researched a little bit on that. It seemed like a lot of trouble to bring cars into CA. So I gave up that idea. I know some people had no problem with that.

Quick Reply: Finally found a deal, is this good?