California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Fender Rolling for the Bay Area

Old 08-03-2012, 12:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by T00fast
It's funny how you guys can't understand jr didn't want a flare/pull but that's what it came out to be. A basic roll doesn't come out pulled or wavy. but I guess my trolling opinion doesn't matter from the pics and what jr asked for right? Some of you need more common sense. It's not rocket science. A lot of you are so clueless.
You are the one that doesn't understand and are completely clueless. You have never done a roll, yet attempt to tell others that have that it's so easy.

Note, I'm not here to defend the roll job he did. The fact of the matter is he admit fault and took blame. That's more then others have had. Move on.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's funny how you guys can't understand jr didn't want a flare/pull but that's what it came out to be. A basic roll doesn't come out pulled or wavy. but I guess my trolling opinion doesn't matter from the pics and what jr asked for right? Some of you need more common sense. It's not rocket science. A lot of you are so clueless.
Do you understand the procedure and tools used to roll a fender? Do you understand the procedure and tools used to pull a fender? It's not like you try to roll a fender and f@#k up and accidentally pull it, pulling a fender is a completely different procedure. You wouldn't say "I was trying to bake a cake and f@#ked up and got a burrito" because you use totally different shit to make a burrito.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by odb812
Originally Posted by T00fast' timestamp='1344025868' post='21911583
Do you understand the procedure and tools used to roll a fender? Do you understand the procedure and tools used to pull a fender? It's not like you try to roll a fender and f@#k up and accidentally pull it, pulling a fender is a completely different procedure. You wouldn't say "I was trying to bake a cake and f@#ked up and got a burrito" because you use totally different shit to make a burrito.
this is good, truth!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never said I rolled fenders before. I've seen fenders get rolled way better than this.

It's so funny how you defend someone who does a simple roll and comes out a flare hahahahahahah

Thanks for keeping me entertained with your non sense vouching for noodler
then stop acting like you know how.

i'm not vouching for anyone. i'm just proving my point that you're obnoxious.

if you can find someone better who can do it for that price, then go to that f@#king person. it's not THAT hard, right?

you get what you paid for.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know noodler personally but no matter how many times u do a job, regardless of how easy it is, things go bad and it's things u can't control even if it's the same way you've done it all this time. From the other work he's done, it looks like he knows what he's doing. So that's why I'm gonna get my fenders rolled this weekend and I'm sure it's gonna come out fine and if it doesn't, then we'll just have to figure something out. Everyone has a good point and there's no use going back and forth about it.

He did a job, it didn't come out as planned even though it's the same way he's done it previously which came out great, he tried to remedy the situation and that was that. Yes, I would probably not be happy either but it would've been worse if he just left and made some lame excuse. At least he admit fault so that's a thumbs up in my book. Will try and post some pics after my car gets done this weekend.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:28 PM

One time, the stylist cut my hair a little bit too short... but I didn't come out with a bikini wax.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by danvuquoc
One time, the stylist cut my hair a little bit too short... but I didn't come out with a bikini wax.
Lol ur fenders are pretty Damn sexy though
Old 04-30-2013, 09:07 AM

Hey all,

Since the usual recommended fender rollers have moved to SoCal, is there still a good person/shop that you all take your cars to?

I've heard mixed reviews about Sonic MS and their work on our cars since they do better work on euros.

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:26 AM

I'm looking for the same thing over here...
Old 05-04-2013, 11:23 PM

So I came across this thread just browsing and wanted to chime in real quick. Btw Shane(ShanesG) the SoCal fender roller. Been doing this sine 2007 and around 800 cars, even before spunky lol.

So as far as the fender that noodle supposedly messed up. From my experience, and I've done somewhere between 200-300 s2000's alone, s2000's have inconsistent spot welds for whatever reason on the driver side. Whether its certain years or what I can't tell you because I haven't kept any record of it. Basically the spot welds are ever so slightly closer to the fender edge, making the metal stronger at the point where the inside of the lip would be folded and requiring more pressure to get it flat. Now 9 times out of 10 I can still get it done with minimal distortion although there are rare cases where it is unpreventable(if you want a complete roll). I hope this helps clear up any questions as to why that may have happened.

As far as paint cracking, I think I saw someone say paint would never crack if done right.'well, that's completely untrue. There are too many factors that contribute to whether or not paint will crack(too much or little heat, paint condition, existing scratches/chips, make of vehicle, shape of how the inner well and quarter panel are put together,etc) it happens and it's a risk you have to accept, you are modifying the oem construction of your car and stretching paint, there are no guarantees in that, and you will not find 1 reputable roller that will give you that guarantee.

I will say also if you are charging $50 and you guys are ok with that, that alone should tell you not to go to someone. You get what you pay for. Again I don't know if that's what you are charging for all 4, just the price I came across in here.

Also for the record I have no idea who noodle is and can't speak nor vouch for his work. This Is simply just trying to clarify an issue I had some insight on.