California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Feeler: Gathering some interest. WSIR Track day

Old 05-06-2009, 10:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just send the drifters over to the balcony.

BTW I think the official track record (clockwise without the chicane) is a :58.802. It was set when I was there back in March by a guy named Steve in a Corvette. Maybe its been broken since.....but either way that is crazy fast for that little track!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interested pending dates
Old 05-06-2009, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by rob.ok,May 6 2009, 08:56 PM
If there is any drifting going on count me out. Rocks & Dirt make for a really slow track
ofcourse drift group would be separate/ different. we are just doing grip. Doesn't have to include drifting. The event is really going to be based on our decisions. so this is our own event. My uncle Ryster is just trying to help us out. He is also planning on picking up an s2k before the event if ever. We can have our own event every year. Just like homecoming where every owner got together. I am very excited to get this event to happen. After this event we might be able to do other tracks such as BW or even Thunderhill.

I need all you guys' help to make this happen. Let's talk about the which month and day you guys want to go. Let's set a date so we can start this event planning.

By the way, my uncle is not trying to sell anything. just trying to help us out since im a very special person. hehehe!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:45 PM

What if you HAD and s2k ... tehehehehehehhe
Old 05-06-2009, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by na3j nitsuj,May 7 2009, 12:03 AM
ofcourse drift group would be separate/ different. we are just doing grip. Doesn't have to include drifting. The event is really going to be based on our decisions.
Many times organizers will set up a grip / drift event at HTM. The drifters always bring way too much dirt, rocks and mud on to the track and it really slows it sown. Grip and drift doesn't mix well.

If there is both I'm out.

However it's HTM.....its not like your not gonna be sliding around those corners....It just point less to try to go around a track fast that is so tight when you have drifters dropping wheels and spinning off track every five mins. If they could stay on track I'd be cool with it.....theoretically they actually should clean the track surface up for us grip guys but I've never seen a group of drifters leave the track anything less than a mine feild after they've run.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by rob.ok,May 7 2009, 12:52 AM
Many times organizers will set up a grip / drift event at HTM. The drifters always bring way too much dirt, rocks and mud on to the track and it really slows it sown. Grip and drift doesn't mix well.

If there is both I'm out.

However it's HTM.....its not like your not gonna be sliding around those corners....It just point less to try to go around a track fast that is so tight when you have drifters dropping wheels and spinning off track every five mins. If they could stay on track I'd be cool with it.....theoretically they actually should clean the track surface up for us grip guys but I've never seen a group of drifters leave the track anything less than a mine feild after they've run.
True. There's always a driver that has to go offroad. lol!
No worries though because this event will only be a Grip Event so no drifting.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevoe88,May 6 2009, 11:45 PM
What if you HAD and s2k ... tehehehehehehhe
track it down and "borrow" it. haha
Old 05-07-2009, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by nitewing117,May 7 2009, 01:02 AM
track it down and "borrow" it. haha
or buy another one just to go to this event.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by na3j nitsuj,May 7 2009, 01:01 AM
True. There's always a driver that has to go offroad. lol!
No worries though because this event will only be a Grip Event so no drifting.
Cool! AS long as my car is back up and running (probably sometime in mid June) I'm in.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by rob.ok,May 7 2009, 01:12 AM
Cool! AS long as my car is back up and running (probably sometime in mid June) I'm in.
yeah this event wont probably happen til august or so. unless he finds an opening much sooner. it would be nice!

Quick Reply: Feeler: Gathering some interest. WSIR Track day