California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

F*** CHP!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F*** CHP!

So i work as a delivery boy last night and i was on my way droppin off some food when a guy driving next to me told me to watch out there was a check point a head of me, but i couldnt do anything about it because i was already in the checkpoint territory. Now, the first CHP that i encountered let me go because i told him i was working, but the next CHP was an a-hole and stopped me after moving two inches. He walked behind my car and saw my exhaust, and told me to pull over. I also told him that i was at work, and he said " I DONT CARE". Then he popped my hood, and saw my intake. He wrote me off for exhaust and intake.

So now i have to see the state referee. i was wondering what would be the difference between if i had my stock parts on wen i go see the ref or having my parts still on there. and do u guys have an estimate of how much it will cost.

thanks for reading my story

Jerry
Old 06-22-2008, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jpea_s2k,Jun 22 2008, 09:09 AM
So i work as a delivery boy last night and i was on my way droppin off some food when a guy driving next to me told me to watch out there was a check point a head of me, but i couldnt do anything about it because i was already in the checkpoint territory. Now, the first CHP that i encountered let me go because i told him i was working, but the next CHP was an a-hole and stopped me after moving two inches. He walked behind my car and saw my exhaust, and told me to pull over. I also told him that i was at work, and he said " I DONT CARE". Then he popped my hood, and saw my intake. He wrote me off for exhaust and intake.

So now i have to see the state referee. i was wondering what would be the difference between if i had my stock parts on wen i go see the ref or having my parts still on there. and do u guys have an estimate of how much it will cost.

thanks for reading my story

Jerry
i had to go to the ref over here in san bruno for the same thing

and what they do is a DB test for ur exhaust noise and than to a small emissions test

as for cost its free....u just better hope u pass
Old 06-22-2008, 10:10 AM

What kind of intake do you have? Also, I'm pretty sure exhausts aren't illegal as far as emissions go (unless you're running a test pipe) - The only thing they can ticket you for on an exhaust is if it's too loud.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:12 AM

i had a CHP pull me over on my R1 the other day... was just minding my business not breaking the law. i see him speeding up to get behind me and then i make a left turn. dude cuts off another car and comes fishtailing out of control and almost side swipes me. i gas it to get out of his way and into the shoulder, i put my hands up like "what the **** chill out dude"

before he gets out of his car i already have my gloves and helmet off i'm like what are you pulling me over for?

he said you were speeding
i reply no i wasnt, how fast do you think i was going?
he said faster than the rate of traffic
i told him yeah because they were sitting at a red light and it turned green when i came to it
he said well whatever, i see you got some fix it tickets here

he wrote me up for bad plate location which is my bad, no red reflector, and he wrote me a modified smog ticket and i have to see the state ref now.

funny cause i thought bikes were SMOG EXEMPT, ****in asshole cop.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What if your intake is CARB legal? do they just let you go when they see that or do you still have to go to a ref? I got hassled by CHP for my exhaust on my old car, told me to get the rpms up to 3k and hold it then let me go. They have a checkpoint already set up, in my mind it would be easier on the driver if they just field tested it there.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:20 AM

omg u guy scared me...CHP check point...i have CT-intake...and it missing a CARB..i been trying to contact Comptech for them to send me the CARB. but they never did....Wow...
Old 06-22-2008, 10:27 AM

This freaks me out too. I just got the sparrow 70mm T1R installed with the test pipe.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by next_nsx,Jun 22 2008, 10:20 AM
omg u guy scared me...CHP check point...i have CT-intake...and it missing a CARB..i been trying to contact Comptech for them to send me the CARB. but they never did....Wow...
K&N was super quick with mine... problem is i lost it again before sticking the sticker on my intake >.< i feel like a loser
Old 06-22-2008, 11:31 AM

i have a short ram top fuel intake. and i have a test pipe. do i have to leave my aftermarket parts on? cuz i still have my stock parts and going to put them on today. and i dont think im going to pass with my exhaust because i have the invidia duel n its pretty loud.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:38 AM

Yeah, there's no way you're gonna pass. Put all your stock parts back on.

Quick Reply: F*** CHP!