California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Ever been bitten by a Python?

Old 09-29-2007, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever been bitten by a Python?

it's like a dream come true, i've Always, wanted this to happen

On Thursday, found myself handling a pet ball python (about four feet in length) when the sneaky lil' fqr decided to make my wrist it's dinner. not your usual threat/defense bite, where its a few seconds and it'll withdraw its bite.

This one decided to hang on for dear life, in an effort to constrict my arm during its near 2 minute sudden attachment to the frail extension of my left limb. note, do not try to yank said snake off your arm, if it's got an vein, or hooked its fang under your tendon *similar to my scenario*, it will HURT like a Mfqr. can't tell you, how it feels to have your flesh torn by some sneaky lil teeth. ooooh i wanted to punch it. or poke its eye.

for some reason, the owner had no idea how to remove the snake. i found it rather perverse to have a snake, a python, altho non venomous and of "garden variety", without understanding the basics of first aid emergency care invovled with an possible attack. "oh hey look, ive got a pet reptile that CAN hurt you, it doesnt bite, here hold it, OH CHIT, i dont know how to remove it!" "well google it godamnit!" the roomate, who was already afraid of snakes, was possibly traumatized for life. when asked to insert a spoon between it's jaws to remove the fangs, he simply "poked" the flesh, daintily jabbing at its teeth almost as if to say by test "is it alive?". i almost punched him too.

needless to say, we eventually "unhooked" the voracious little sucker off my wrist by pushing its head in deeper to the flesh in order to dislodge the skin from its curvatured teeth. I was left with a handsome supply of gushing puncture wounds as well as two nicely serated edges of fine pinpricked holes, sitting upon a swollen twittering mass of flesh formerly known as my left wrist.

treated the wound with isopropyl n iodine. neosporine to the rescue.

Found out AFTER that all we had to do was drip a bit of alchohol *not the rubbing kind, but rather, the sort that humans consume, so your corona may save a life or two* along the edge of its mouth for it to recoil. not going to try that one.

what does it look like. imagine an medieval club, the kind with spikes on the end of it. bash it against an imaginary limb, and the remaining lump of meat *black and blue, or bruised if you will* with lots of blood oh yes. just enough to make you want to punch someone. can't post a picture, can't get it off my phone. its caused a minor inconvenience *can't work, nor type very well* but will soon heal.

moral is, FEED YOUR PET SNAKE! dont let it starve for a month like they did.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:44 PM

btw, now i cant go snorkeling at catalina tmrw. fqn snakes.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

holy wow...

First, your use of verbage is .. great (forgetting the punctuation errors, etc...)

Second... OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you walked away with just flesh wounds and a swollen wrist that is severely sore. G'luck with the healing. Thanks for sharing the bit on the alcohol, I had never heard of that before.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dj Elixur,Sep 29 2007, 06:41 PM
"well google it godamnit!" the roomate, who was already afraid of snakes, was possibly traumatized for life.
quite possibly the best part of the story

Glad you're ok. That's one of those situations where afterward you're like... "Shit, we should have taken a picture.... to bad we were totally busy FREAKINGTHE****OUT"
Old 09-29-2007, 08:28 PM

most snakes will let go after a few seconds if you dunk their head into cold water
Old 09-29-2007, 08:31 PM

Pics?
Old 09-29-2007, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by RedlinedITR,Sep 29 2007, 05:49 PM
holy wow...

First, your use of verbage is .. great (forgetting the punctuation errors, etc...)

Second... OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you walked away with just flesh wounds and a swollen wrist that is severely sore. G'luck with the healing. Thanks for sharing the bit on the alcohol, I had never heard of that before.
yes grammAR police, will not use any colons semi colons commas period apostheropheitifhpes *can never spell it correctly* nor watch out for any sort of distinguishing capitolizations and such. glad you enjoyed it. yep, just a flesh wound. at first, was worried aobut a tet & rabies shot.. no insurance.

john.. haha yea, shouldve taken a picture. sorry, was too busy trying to get its nasty lil' bits out of my skin. altho, we could re-inact the whole drama for you, how about volunteering your arm?
Old 09-29-2007, 09:36 PM

this grammar police appreciates this thread
Old 09-29-2007, 10:43 PM

my collllege rooomate got bit by his pet python. after years and years of feeding it, the python bit the hand that feeds it and left the fang in it... oh the pain.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by arrrmand,Sep 29 2007, 09:36 PM
this grammar police appreciates this thread
glad to have your seal of approval chief. how've you been? haven't seen you since F&C

Quick Reply: Ever been bitten by a Python?