Dublin Honda Sux! any advice?

Old 10-17-2006, 04:50 PM
jic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stealerships are gayness
Old 10-17-2006, 07:12 PM

Wink

I agree with Dong. Don't let them give you the runaround. Demand (nicely) to talk with the service manager and be polite and courteous - but firm. Don't let them try to brush you off... but don't be a jerk to them, either.

If the service manager is not as helpful as you would like, request that you speak with the general manager. I am willing to bet this is not the kind of treatment he would like his customers to receive.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats why you go to dealerships where you know the ppl selling you the car and servicing you. sorry to hear that.
best thing i can tell you now is that don't roll out a dealership with a vehicle that you know is damaged, coz from me and my family's experience, they usually will deny fixing your vehicle. my s2000 is an exception, the detailers rushed the cleaning job and left scratches all over my clear coat. i demanded that anderson honda fix it and they did. afterwards, they washed my car and gave me a free tank of gas... we're friends with the finance manager.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:36 PM

Sorry but Dublin Honda is beyond the worst dealer. I live less then 15 miles from them and when I went to buy an S2k they wanted a credit report, and when I asked to drive the car the a-hole said. "it does not matter what the car is about as long as you look good driving it". They wanted $5k above invoice and WOULD NOT LET ME DRIVE THE CAR.

So I purchased my new s2k 20 miles west for $8k less, and watched it get unwrapped from the truck.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:01 PM

I bought my Civic from El Cerrito and my S @ Oakland both dealerships washed them but no longer do my civic because it's too low for the wash rack but they still offer to hand wash it...as for the damage try speaking with the manager to voice your frustrations I'm sure if you handle it diplomatically you will see some results
Old 10-17-2006, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Stephenopoly,Oct 17 2006, 03:09 PM
thats why i try never to take my car to a dealer.....i've heard horror stories
Me too, dealers are trustless
Old 10-18-2006, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by trainwreck,Oct 17 2006, 04:00 PM
The sales guy says he will write a due bill to take car of the minor paint chips and small ding.
Do you have the due bill?

[QUOTE=trainwreck,Oct 17 2006, 04:00 PM]I notice that the car is really dirty, I expected them to wash it.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by ASMspec,Oct 17 2006, 04:35 PM
You said yourself that your car was not in "new like" condition
That's because it was damaged before it was even delivered

Originally Posted by ASMspec,Oct 17 2006, 04:35 PM
its not a "new" car.
What part of "it is a brand new car" do you not understand It has less than 600 miles on it.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:03 AM

I live in the Dublin area and had a horrible experience with the service department trying to get some warranty work done on my sister's civic. I ended up taking the car to Walnut Creek Honda! But back to the point...If all else fails and you are willing to give it a shot, write to the owner of that dealership (I think it's Ken Harvey) and explain your situation. It sounds like a far fetched idea, but I have seen it done before and actions were taken immediately to take care of the problem. I am sure that the owner would hate to hear about a complaint that couldn't get resolved by a staff that he pays a good salary.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ah! after a good night's sleep and a lil bit of thinking before i start my morning whoring on s2ki, as i have just gotten to work, i have an idea for you to consider: if what epic_s2k says doesn work, go into your car, and go in the hidden compartment under in between your seats (yes, that thing on top of the center console, right underneath that glass deflector) and go consult your warranties manual. there you will find the number to BBB, Better Business Bureau. if you complain to them, honda will feel obligated to adress your concerns. if they dont, they will risk getting a bad name, and they'll get in trouble with BBB.
good luck again with your warranty work.

Quick Reply: Dublin Honda Sux! any advice?