California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Dublin Honda Sux! any advice?

Old 10-17-2006, 03:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dublin Honda Sux! any advice?

SO i bought a gpw 2006 from them, but i noticed that it was not in pristine condition. The sales guy says no problem, he will write a due bill to take car of the minor paint chips and small ding. So a week after i buy the car, i bring in my S to get the minor flaws out. When i pick it up it was getting dark. Initially, I notice that the car is really dirty, I expected them to wash it (it was the practice i am used to from dealing with the lexus dealerships), so I ask some guy that works at the dealership about it. He says hondas dont get that kind of treatment, so I accept it (i dunno is this true??). On my way home, I stop off at a safeway cuz my sister wants to buy something to drink. She goes into the store and i wait around the car. As i begin to look closely i notice a paint chip on the fender and the lip has a sizable chip and i am like WTF. Then, I look at my rims and see that they have been scratched up. I am the only one that drives this car and know for a fact that i have never parked the car next to a curb as it has less than 600 miles on it and it is only parked at work and in my driveway. So immediately I turn around and go back to the dealership to let them know, all within an hour of me leaving the dealership. They are about to close, but i manage to talk to a sales guy. He says there is nothing he can do and to file a complaint with service (starting to think he is giving me the runaround routine). So, now i really dunno wut to do. I am afraid to take my car back in fear that it will sustain more abuse. but at the same time i want to get my car fixed the way it should be. It seems like it is gonna be a hassle just to convince them to fix it, and it is even more of a hassle because i live on the peninsula and dublin is FAR and 880 sux...I dunno, has anyone else experienced this pooey treatment from dublin honda???

Also, on the due bill it says that they will fix the dent paint chips and anything I point out. at what point is there obligation considered fulfilled?

Old 10-17-2006, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats why i try never to take my car to a dealer.....i've heard horror stories
Old 10-17-2006, 03:17 PM

They defiled my baby... SOMEBODY WILL PAY

probably me tho damnit

10 bux for touch up paint

400 for front lip to cover up the big chip (hey at least i have an excuse to buy it)

as for the rims tho!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 10-17-2006, 03:19 PM

i brought my car into honda of concord, after warranty work, i got it back and they also washed it too. sorry to hear
Old 10-17-2006, 03:35 PM

im sure once the new dublin honda is built. there will be better service.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You said yourself that your car was not in "new like" condition and being a year old car (since 07s are out) its not a "new" car. Let me tell you first hand that I have bought 3 Hondas/Acuras from them and they have been top notch, even their service has one of the best S2k techs in this area.

Anyway, after we bought our used MDX we did notice other things that we didnt originally notice after buying the car and looking at it for hours. You do miss things. Thats reality. I wouldnt get bent out of shape since you did buy and have admitted its a used S2k.

So you may have overlooked it as my wife and I overlooked some scratches and you pretty much will have to pay for the damages or maybe they will come through.

I am not trying to be negative but giving you our experience.

On the other hand when I took my Del Sol over to the Honda dealer in Escondido they did damage my front bumper and paid me by check for $600. So it can be done.

Good luck.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by ASMspec,Oct 17 2006, 03:35 PM
Let me tell you first hand that I have bought 3 Hondas/Acuras from them and they have been top notch, even their service has one of the best S2k techs in this area.
did they wash your car when u picked it up?

also, I bought the 2006 Brand New and it came with a Due bill...

curb rash on my rims was not there when i brought it in, neither was the large chip in front...two very noticeable things I would have picked up on when inspecting the car.

they repaired what I pointed out (very very minor ding and paint touch up, i mean hey i just forked over 33 Gs, i want that shizz pristine), but suffered new damage during the time they had possesion is what I am saying.

I am glad to hear that the escondido dealership cut you out a check for 600 tho that gives me hope... Wut sux is i am stuck in the not so nice half of california on business and cant take care of the problem immediately...
Old 10-17-2006, 03:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trainwreck,Oct 17 2006, 03:47 PM
did they wash your car when u picked it up?

also, I bought the 2006 Brand New and it came with a Due bill...

curb rash on my rims was not there when i brought it in, neither was the large chip in front...two very noticeable things I would have picked up on when inspecting the car.

they repaired what I pointed out (very very minor ding and paint touch up, i mean hey i just forked over 33 Gs, i want that shizz pristine), but suffered new damage during the time they had possesion is what I am saying.

I am glad to hear that the escondido dealership cut you out a check for 600 tho that gives me hope... Wut sux is i am stuck in the not so nice half of california on business and cant take care of the problem immediately...
They did wash our MDX and our Civic when bought new and used at Dublin Honda. Its complimentary and your right. They should have washed your car. My S2000 was washed and waxed when I bought it from Honda Windward.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:04 PM

So my expectation for them to wash it is not totally off base (i had a suspiscion that the sales guy was feeding me bs about that)... to make matters worse, my car had these little oranges specs on it that would not come off after i shampooed the car at home. Eventually, I had to clay bar the whole thing myself...

So lets say when I get back and call up the dealership neither sales or service will help me out, has anyone ever tried calling the Honda number in the manual to complain??? will it get me anywhere if i do so?
Old 10-17-2006, 04:06 PM

If not done so already, make sure you are dealing with none other than the service manager. Then call the general manager if that hasn't been sorted out. I'd probably hit up the regional manager after that...

Quick Reply: Dublin Honda Sux! any advice?