California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Door Locks

Old 11-13-2011, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Locks

Hey guys, sorry for posting often in the forum but I'm just really curious on how to do things for my car that I can't really find on the forums itself but do you know of any shops that you would recommend that could possibly work on my door locks? I have a really hard time reaching for the passenger door unlock whenever someone rides in my car and I was wondering if any shops would be able to make my driver side door unlock/lock button also control the passenger side door lock/unlock. I'm not too keen on electronics and I've searched the forums and seen some diy's but I dont' want to mess up my car seeing that me and electronics never work well together. Or if there is an alarm system that you would recommend that would let me control the pass lock/unlock from the driver lock/unlock button and also lock upon me starting the car also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh I currently have the stock alarm system. Thanks - Erik
Old 11-13-2011, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driver's side door unlock button? Are you talking about the keyfob? A solution to this problem is always pressing unlock twice on your keyfob when you are walking towards your car, then the passenger side door will be always open.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:29 AM

Oh no sorry I meant like when I'm already in the car and someone is going to ride with me. I want to control the pass lock unlock from my driver side lock unlock switch on the driver side door. So instead of reaching over to the passenger door to manually unlock the passenger door, I could just unlock the passenger lock using the lock unlock switch that is already on the driver side door. Sorry for the confusion
Old 11-13-2011, 09:53 AM

Yea, I kind of dislike the lack of secure feeling in the fact that my doors never lock and I'm driving in the car with them unlocked 98% of the time unless I remember.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:48 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

If you cut a wire it will allow you to use you key fob to open the doors an trunk while the key is in. I believe it's the speed sensor white wire. There is a DIY on the site.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:45 PM

Someone posted this, but they never posted anything more in depth about their mod. I was wondering if it would be the same for an 06 or someone did it to their car already that has an ap2 because the original topic starter just said it works for an 00-03.
or
"I have always thought it was kind of a pain to have to reach across the car to unlock the passenger door from the inside. Why the passenger door lock was designed to lock when you lock the driver’s door but not unlock when you unlock the driver's door is beyond me. So I started reading different posts on how to accomplish this and the ideas were always a little funky, having to wire into the roof switch or adding a separate switch. I acquired a 2000-2003 service manual to examine the wiring schematic and found that if you were to short terminal #9 (yellow wire) to terminal #15 (white wire) on the Keyless Door Lock Control Module connector, the driver's door lock should command the passenger lock in both positions.
In fact it does! I shorted the two terminals from the rear of the Keyless Module connector, it took all of 5 minutes and it works great. Now if I need to unlock the passenger door from the inside, I just unlock the driver’s door from the inside."

Here's the link to the original post: http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.php?t=40015
Old 11-13-2011, 03:32 PM

Try this:
http://modifry.com/freebies/door_unlock.htm
Old 11-13-2011, 04:53 PM

i have taken my door locks out from the door before. lmk if you need any help
Old 11-14-2011, 08:53 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Khunnie
Someone posted this, but they never posted anything more in depth about their mod. I was wondering if it would be the same for an 06 or someone did it to their car already that has an ap2 because the original topic starter just said it works for an 00-03.
or
"I have always thought it was kind of a pain to have to reach across the car to unlock the passenger door from the inside. Why the passenger door lock was designed to lock when you lock the driver’s door but not unlock when you unlock the driver's door is beyond me. So I started reading different posts on how to accomplish this and the ideas were always a little funky, having to wire into the roof switch or adding a separate switch. I acquired a 2000-2003 service manual to examine the wiring schematic and found that if you were to short terminal #9 (yellow wire) to terminal #15 (white wire) on the Keyless Door Lock Control Module connector, the driver's door lock should command the passenger lock in both positions.
In fact it does! I shorted the two terminals from the rear of the Keyless Module connector, it took all of 5 minutes and it works great. Now if I need to unlock the passenger door from the inside, I just unlock the driver’s door from the inside."

Here's the link to the original post: http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.php?t=40015
This is not what I did. There is a 'safety' reason why both don't unlock at the same time.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by rob-2
Originally Posted by Khunnie' timestamp='1321220725' post='21152792
or

This is not what I did. There is a 'safety' reason why both don't unlock at the same time.

Ohhh, how did you get yours done if you don't mind me asking. Thanks - Erik

Quick Reply: Door Locks