California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Don't Sleep.... Group Buy for the OEM Honda PREMIUM LHD Mats!

Old 02-28-2014, 03:45 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by felixs2k
What other interior colors besides the peanut butter brown (which looks amazing btw) did the S2000 come in that us Americans didn't get?
No other colors that I am aware of. But there were some options with cloth (sort of a jersey mesh) center inserts on the seats according to the 06' Japanese brochure that I have.

The brown looks really nice in person, I rode in a Laguna Blue 06' with brown interior at a dealership in Nagoya.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:00 AM
AZH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
! i'm surprised no aftermarket companies produce extended mats
They aren't two piece like these but Ricks mats cover the entire hump especially on the passenger side. While they aren't cheap, they're only $200. I've been really happy with mine.

Ricks Mats

Please don't disgrace your car with the "fanny pack" mod though

Passenger side hump coverage
Old 02-28-2014, 08:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

whenever the topic of extended mats arises, i always forget about the Rick's ones. i think it's because they aren't widely marketed or available. there were rumors about them being out of production, like the Muz ones too, but i guess Rick's are still being made. i didn't realize they were "only" $200 though. they are pretty nice, but you can't beat OEM quality.

anyways, i just sent my deposit for 2 sets of black mats. might be getting a lil overzealous with the extra set, but it's the OCD in me. you should see my shoe collection. lol

to all others on the fence, i wouldn't wait too much longer. in talking to the seller, i think i might have snatched up the last unreserved set of black mats. he said he is debating taking people that haven't sent deposits or full payments off the list soon.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:10 AM
Sponsor

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice mats but to be 100% honest, they are not as nice as the MUZ.

Notice the missing hump coverage on the passenger side, it's like they "cheaped" out on material for the passenger side.

We have both sets and prefer the MUZ, just our 2 cents!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@euroboutique/videos
Follow-Us Instagram/Facebook: https://www.instagram.com/euroboutique/

Old 02-28-2014, 01:39 PM

The Rick's and Muz mats look awful compared to the OEM premium. The material on the premium mats is a huge step above any of the others I have seen. The mats that try to cover the entire passenger floor area including that hump look really cheesy because they aren't formed to fit it. Not to mention the materials and silly pin striping.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I love how the brown interior carpet looks!
Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by TougeHorseman' timestamp='1393567962' post='23038558
Can someone post a full pic of the mats? I might be interested, or at the very least interested in buying someone's old mats that they replaced!
They look like this: https://www.s2ki.com/...ts-for-lhd-s2k/

Old 02-28-2014, 01:45 PM

Definitely a bummer Honda didn't let people pick and choose more color and interior options in other countries.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:59 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
The Rick's and Muz mats look awful compared to the OEM premium. The material on the premium mats is a huge step above any of the others I have seen. The mats that try to cover the entire passenger floor area including that hump look really cheesy because they aren't formed to fit it. Not to mention the materials and silly pin striping.
??? I have a set of ricks mats and I think they look pretty nice. They are thick and plush and they ARE formed to fit over the hump. No pinstripe either just black. My only regret is that they didn't come in red, then again I have red/black interior so it wasn't that big a deal.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i don't want to bash any of the other mats or people that have/like them. the Rick's and Muz ones are pretty nice. but they both look very aftermarket, compared to the OEM Premium ones. imo, it's due to both the materials and shape/fit. it's nice that they have more coverage, but like andrewhake mentioned, the passenger hump portion doesn't conform too well. of course, more went into the design & production of the OEM ones, so it's no surprise that the Premiums look a lil more finished.

anyways, like anything, different strokes for different folks. i'm just hyped to finally be able to get a set of these mats. i saw them way back when i used to just lurk and kept thinking that the S was too impractical, even for a weekend car, esp living in The City. i can't wait to get them!

btw, the brown ones & interior do look pretty slick. reminds me of a Porsche Carrera color scheme.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like muz cause of the reinforcement on the driver's pedal area so no more wear and tear

those are some nice floormats though. if they came with reinforcements, i'd probably buy them

Quick Reply: Don't Sleep.... Group Buy for the OEM Honda PREMIUM LHD Mats!