California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Dont buy a Motorcycle!

Old 01-17-2008, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dont buy a Motorcycle!

Damn!!! I was at a stop sign making a left turn going east bound when a guy on a Gxr600 was blazing thru (going like 65mph) from my left going east bound. Another car was going west bound trying to make a left into my street and didnt see the guy on the bike. The guy in the car needed to wait for traffic to clear in order to make the left turn. Well... In a spilt sec. I saw the guy on the bike hit the front edge of the car, making the left onto my street. The guy on the bike was 20ft in the air doing the superman (youuuu!) then gravity to a hold of him and slammed him to the ground 20ft away...

After I looked to my left then saw the front tire of his bike rolling my way (OHH..SHIT), all of a sudden THUD!!! the tire slid under my driver side door.

I tried to open my door slowly but i couldnt get out, the tire locked me in my car. so I came out of my passanger side and tried to survey the damage!

(Just tryna be honest)
I'm not trying to be **** up or funny but I just bought the car 3 months ago and I worked really, really hard to get her. I went to take a look at the damage before I checked on the guy (Sorry..I guess). The Tire left a baseball size dent and 2 deep scratches at the bottom of the car near the back left tire (2 inches away from the tip of the wheel well, rear fender).

I looked at it for 2 sec. Then ran to the guy on the bike. This guy was really ****ed up and I felt really bad. But he should'nt of been flying down the street!
Before the Help arrived I kept tellin the guy to stay with me and that it's going to be okey while holding his hand.

Long story short... the cops came and everybody came and took down the information.

The guy had broken ribs and and head truma! (DAMN!!)
The bike is not a bike anymore but DUST! (****kk!!!)

this is the first time I ever saw this happen in my life and I was really shook up!
I feel really bad and i pray he's okey! But life goes on!

I just need a really good body shop that works on s2k and will do the job so I wont have to pay a deductible.

This whole story probably sound insensitive, But what can I do?...

Old 01-17-2008, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by S2kooLz,Jan 17 2008, 06:27 PM
I just need a really good body shop that works on s2k and will do the job so I wont have to pay a deductible.
Well, from the sounds of it the damage seems minor. Depending on how high your deductible is most shops probably can't do any for you unless you have a long history with them.

Most places dont make the deductible "disappear" for people they don't know these days because insurance companies are becoming more strict with estimates and what not.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Having ridden bikes for a number of years, I've witness several crashes and one death. You'd think you would get used to it, but I never did.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:13 PM

its a shame. I hate to admit it, but I might have checked the damage on my car first as well.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:21 PM

maybe you can get the dent taken out the next time i organize a dent day.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:59 PM

Wait...

wouldn't you not be at fault since the accident was caused by other people and your car was damaged in the process?
Old 01-17-2008, 08:37 PM

hey groundzero that would be nice but i got to deep scratches on it as well..

yea it wasnt my fault but just a bad situation
Old 01-17-2008, 08:45 PM

Asm rear fenders ftw!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:34 PM

yeah i don't get y you would have to use ur own deductable? Good thing u have it written on a report, either the other car or bike should be paying for ur damage, but that's easier said than done.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dang hope the guy is ok and sorry to hear about your s

Quick Reply: Dont buy a Motorcycle!