California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Discussion for the Next Group Drive

Old 02-12-2002, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by redleader
[B]I'm down for the 23rd or the 2nd, but can we make the meeting time more like 10:30?
Old 02-12-2002, 04:14 PM

Since we have some people showed their preference for 2/23. Let's set it in stone then. Sorry for folks, we can't make it this time. There will always be next time....

Can any SF locals confirm the parking lot suggested by Syl?

Cliff, I prefer a coastal drive after Marin, too. But we really need a restaurant there though. Any advice from local people?
Old 02-12-2002, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a really big parking lot, may I suggest Marina Greens? Oh yeah, for some real twisties, how about Crooked Street Come to think of it, how about we fill the whole Crooked Street, then someone from down the hill take a photo of all of us congested in that windy road. Cool pic I bet you... I'm really down for the 23rd
Old 02-12-2002, 04:35 PM

Snap a shot at Crooked St has been our plan from day one. See 4)

(*) denotes places we can stop and take a group photo.
1) Twin Peaks (*)
2) Chinatown gate at Bush/Grant
3) Broadway Tunnel
4) Lombard St (*)
5) Fisherman's Wharf (*)
6) Palace of Fine Arts (*)
7) GG bridge (*)
8) Sausalito Vista Pt (*)
9) Fort Baker Fort Barry Tunnel (sylvainsf's fav tunnel)

So where is this Marina Greens? Is it close to Twin Peaks?
Old 02-12-2002, 04:44 PM

its right next to the wharf.. there is a big lot out there with a huge field and all the sail boats as a back drop.. another lot is cats eye at the end of geary.. and also the lot above the Cliff house.. i might drive around the city with Deb on Sat and we'll look for some spots.. and maybe a route of some sort.. as for resturants.. where did you wanna eat.. on the SF side.. or the Sausalito side?
Old 02-12-2002, 04:48 PM

I'm kind of confused here ... are we planning on doing an SF scenic drive (with lots of photo opportunities) AND a cruise somewhere (like to Marin and back)?

Somebody please clarify! Either way, I'm in ... whenever and wherever.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:00 PM
Ina

Just a quickie right now to say COUNT US IN!!! Perhaps we'll post again after thinking about the details with some suggestions or comments. Everything seems to be falling in place. Ina & Maury
Old 02-12-2002, 11:33 PM

Originally posted by BigRedDog
its right next to the wharf.. there is a big lot out there with a huge field and all the sail boats as a back drop.. another lot is cats eye at the end of geary.. and also the lot above the Cliff house.. i might drive around the city with Deb on Sat and we'll look for some spots.. and maybe a route of some sort.. as for resturants.. where did you wanna eat.. on the SF side.. or the Sausalito side?
That would be cool, Cliff.

As to where we eat, it depends on where we want to end the drive. If we want to end at Sausalito, then we eat there. If we want to return to SF after Marin and drive along the coast, then we need a restaurant around the ocean beach. Personally, I prefer the latter if you can find a restaurant with enough parking space.

Psicho54: It will be a cruise in the City but when we get to the Southern part of Marin, it should become a little bit more spirited.
Old 02-13-2002, 05:15 AM

It might be nice if one of you could pre-run this course on the 16th to verify where there is parking and how long it takes to get places. The photographer for Lombard street would have to be waiting, since I don't think we would be too popular parking there while somebody runs down to the bottom with a camera. It might also be tricky to keep from having some tourist in a minivan somehow getting in line if we have more than a dozen cars.

Finally, you can't always count on nice sunsets over the ocean. Sometimes it just looks like a bunch of fog. I'm excited to participate.
Old 02-13-2002, 06:10 AM

I'll be happy to lead a drive through marin's great backroads... as for meeting in the city, that will be VERY tricky. You'll be dealing with alot of stoplights and loosing people that's for sure. A photograph on Lombard would be great but pretty damn near impossible with the amount of tourists.

As for parking lots... there are a few good ones, out above cliff house (if early enough), the presidio, and of course several places in marin.

someone PM me and keep me informed, I might be able to attend... I can probably do the 23rd.

cheers,
-loki

Quick Reply: Discussion for the Next Group Drive