California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Disabled parking spots

Old 04-25-2005, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disabled parking spots

Disclaimer: I know this is not Craigslist, but somehow this seemed more appropriate in the BA forum.

<rant>
I've been seeing the same two cars (a GTI 1.8t and a G35c with gunmetal rims) parked in the handicap spots on Parnassus in front of UCSF for about the last 3 years (maybe 4, how long has the G35 been out?). They both have their disabled placards on the rear view. The thing is, about every other day I see one or both of the drivers hop out of their car and go in to work (UCSF ID's, staff - i.e. pencil pushers not docs).

The thing is, there is no way in hell these guys are really disabled.

Now, before you start giving me crap about maybe they're disabled but I just can't tell... well I can. What really convinced me was the first time I saw Mr. GTI running with his briefcase and lunchbox from his car into the dental school entrance. I've also seen Mr. G35c carrying what looked to be a 50lb. DELL monitor box (btw, buddy, the 80s are over, better get an LCD) plus a bag over his shoulder walk through the main entrance.

It is true that you can get a placard for disabilities that might allow you to by physically fairly able (diabetes for example), but this is a ing hospital, pal! There might actually be people coming to UCSF that really are disabled and could benefit from parking right in front of the entrance while your fat ass sits at a desk all day and the red nailpolish that you put on the "t" in 1.8t slowly flakes off the chrome underneath

If I knew how to drop a dime on these guys and get their car towed for illegaly parking in a handicap zone plus the insane fine that goes along with that (what is that nowadays a coupla thou?), I would.

</rant>
Old 04-25-2005, 09:15 AM

while you're at it - the forests are being burned down, the poor are getting poorer, and people just keep throwin trash on my street
Old 04-25-2005, 09:19 AM

You should be able to call the authorities, (parking people), and have the stake out the spaces for you. I don't see why they wouldn't.

We have a handicap thing for my grandmother and we use it ONLY when we bring her around. She's not the greatest walker. It bugs me, when people don't use them properly.

ie: Went to Costco, saw a brand new black vette, and a couple getting out of it. They were carrying a 50 pack of beer and stuff like that, putting it into their trunk. I call on the handicap.

It's pretty annoying and yes, the cops do care even if you pulled into a space to stop for 2 seconds to drop something off, (letter? atm?) seen it happen a few times.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:53 AM

I've seen the most outrageous example of this. Several years ago at Stanford Shopping center on the parking structure side. A friend of mine and I saw a F50 parked in the handicap slot with the window placard.

Wow if that wasn't blatant, I don't know what is.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That G35C guy got his car recently I think, didn't have plates until recently. It's beginning to get riced out too.

I see him all the time, and he parks in loading zones, blue zones, whatever! What a ballsack! He looks like he's as old as I am (mid 20s) and I see him carrying stuff all the time. Really has no reason to have the disabled placard. I think he works in MATSVS
Old 04-25-2005, 11:05 AM

I hate this sort of blatant abuse
Old 04-25-2005, 11:26 AM

Guys, guys, guys.....remember MENTAL handicaps aren't always visible on the outside

BTW screw the cop....call the news stations this is a story that's just begging to get some airtime
Old 04-25-2005, 11:46 AM

Has anyone thought of just leaving a note on their cars telling them they will be reported to the appropriate authorities? Sounds simple but might just work.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:50 AM

Just take his license plate number and notify whoever distributes the handicap plates.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:18 PM

From the DMV site:

Placard abuse can result in the cancellation and revocation of the placard and loss of the privileges it provides and is punishable by a minimum fine of $250 up to $3,500 or imprisonment up to 6 months or both.

Boom, 6 months as Bubba's boyfriend ought to do the trick

Quick Reply: Disabled parking spots