California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Current prices in Northern Calif

Old 02-14-2003, 05:52 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I am interested in current prices paid for 2003 S2000. Where did you buy it and what(approximately) did you pay. I am in the market and want to hear stories about what you did to get yours, where you had to go, who you dealt with , and what you paid. My turn will be coming soon and this will help alot. I have read in Chicago you can get these cars for almost invoice, practicaly speaking I will go withint a few hundred miles, like as far as LA if need be, so save a few thousand. And I am not apposed to use someone else's offer with a local dealer to get a simular deal, as I have heard others have done. Thanks

PS, anyone needing info on miatas can ask me. I have had two of them and can offer an informed opinion, they are great cars as well, just in a different class.
Old 02-14-2003, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure that people who got low prices on cars were generally well informed and were under special circumstances of negotiation. Rarely have I seen a referral where the same salesman can offer the same price off the bat. In most cases, low prices in the Bay Area are due to overstock or stock clearance for the next model year. Your best bet would be to go ahead and stop by a couple dealerships and talk some pricing. Use the prices you get to compare to other places.

Best recommendation I can make is to start negotiating at MSRP or lower. If the dealership isn't willing to drop the markup off the bat, then the chances of getting a great deal aren't so good. I bought a 2002 from Texas last June because local dealerships simply didn't have many S2000s and sales were doing fine. They didn't need to sell me the S at below MSRP. For my 2003, the lot I went to had 5 S2000s with 3 inbound. By the time I came back to negotiate the final sale price, 3 S2000s were sold and the 3 new ones were rolling off the truck. My timing was perfect as I got a brand spanking new one with 6 miles on it.

Do some research. Don't settle for a salesman you don't like. Don't be afraid to ask for another salesman if the lot has the car you want the salesman isn't willing to work with you.

Rich
Old 02-18-2003, 01:01 AM

I got mine for MSRP in LA. Let me know if you what the info.

Chris
Old 02-18-2003, 01:43 PM

Carsdirect.com who i have used in the past and can recommend has the car at a few hundred under sticker at this moment. thanks to those of you that have responded.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:49 PM

That great, Well, I thought it was a good deal since I got mine last year. But what ever works and can save you $$$.

Chris
Old 02-18-2003, 02:38 PM

PM me and i can probably get you one for under 31K...im going in with someone this sunday to get one for 30,700....i dont get any $$$ out of this though...just helping you guys out...because what goes around comes around....
Old 02-18-2003, 10:52 PM

Grace Honda currently has several going at 29 something...but im not sure how much out the door would cost. but it looks like S2KHardTop can get you a similar deal...

01 Yellow S
85 AE86
Old 02-20-2003, 03:14 PM

wow this is great news. under, way under msrp...like close to invoice, so by around june it should be simular? Thanks again, any any updated info is appreciated, as these things change. Whatever the deal any of us gets it is how we feel about it, and that is the real bottom line.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I got mine in El Centro (south of San Diego) through Priceline.com back when places like Walnut Creek Honda had them marked up $10K over list. I paid MSRP. With Priceline you tell them your price target and geographic preference and if they find it you pay 50 bucks. If not you pay nothing.
Old 02-21-2003, 08:08 AM

I got my mine at msrp (san jose) pm me for infomation.

Quick Reply: Current prices in Northern Calif