California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

CTTD TA discussion aka CityTech Time Attack

Old 12-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

There's the lock mode or something like that that puts the honda tune back but I've never tried it.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MMisencik157
You can do like 107-108 in 4th gear lol. I short shift now just because I don't have an oil cooler yet and I feel so bad for my car. there are places I would hold a gear if i had a higher rev limit but Im currently sitting at the rev limiter (which makes me cringe a little) so I just short shift and use the next gear up. I know its costing me a few tenths but I feel better about driving the car hard that way.
So, about oil temps. I typically aim for VTEC during track days, even when I'm slowing down, in order to maintain as much speed as possible. Should I be concerned about oil temps? Coincidentally, I started researching Oil Temp sensors when I noticed a lack of oil temp data from our ODBII port. The coolant temps went from 180 to 220 celsius from the first to fifth sessions at T-hill last weekend so I presume my oil temps experienced a similar rise.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaPhatty
So, about oil temps. I typically aim for VTEC during track days, even when I'm slowing down, in order to maintain as much speed as possible. Should I be concerned about oil temps? Coincidentally, I started researching Oil Temp sensors when I noticed a lack of oil temp data from our ODBII port. The coolant temps went from 180 to 220 celsius from the first to fifth sessions at T-hill last weekend so I presume my oil temps experienced a similar rise.
I have absolutely no idea what sort of oil temps Im running but I know the S2000 typically sees pretty high oil temps. My car is getting an oil cooler and oil temp/pressure gauges (and other go-fast parts) for Christmas this year so I can monitor whats happening more.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Former Moderator

I'll have to connect my oil temp gauge on my next oil change, been wanting to see what kind of temps I'm running.
I don't think it's a big deal during the cooler days but on the hot days I definitely think the oil is being put to the test especially since I just keep going.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Former Moderator

I do think the most important thing is keeping oil in the car if you have blow by issues or burn oil, oil temps will go out of control if you run low on oil
Old 12-22-2013, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

spec tires and prizes
Old 12-23-2013, 12:31 AM

I would actually be interested in a spec tire. I've been wanting to get a FlashPro and a tune for my car, since it's a DD and I think it would be great for the street. Only reason I haven't gotten it is because of the current rules on this time attack series. On the flip side, I've saved money because of that rule...
Old 12-23-2013, 01:03 PM

Received 97 Likes on 72 Posts

Spec tire is never going to happen. You instantly get rid of at least half of the field that way.

There are already pretty good prizes!
Old 12-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Former Moderator

So it looks like rule making is on us for our class, the rest of the TA groups are going to be thrown in one giant time attack group.

It seems like tuning for street class will be a go since I haven't really heard anything against it.

Simple will be key for sure
Old 12-24-2013, 09:59 AM

Regarding oil cooler, I really doubt we actually need it.
My data log shows at the hottest time of the year, I only read about 260 deg. Which is the upper limit I ever want to see the oil temp at.
My K series car with big oil cooler sees 250ish at hot weather. I'm comfortable running the car without oil cooler. Definitely not like the B series where it hits over 300 degree.

Yes, we are working on the rules and is really close to finalizing it. Hopefully by next month as we take a short break from work during Christmas week. Although, my mind is racing all the time, so it might be hard. At least, I will try.

Quick Reply: CTTD TA discussion aka CityTech Time Attack