California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

CTTD TA discussion aka CityTech Time Attack

Old 12-19-2013, 05:52 PM

Received 97 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by macr88
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1387457362' post='22929943
I will definitely make as many events as I can.

1. As others have already mentioned, allowing ECU tuning for street class so people can use FlashPro.

2. There was talk about combining BMW and S2000 but I think that is kind of a bad idea. There are plenty of S2000s and hardly any BMWs.

3. Groups based on lap time is a good idea I think rather than Advanced, H. Inter. etc. It would be a good idea to always provide lap time benchmarks for people when they are signing up for a run group.

4. Basic instruction for people on how to avoid spoiling other people's laps as part of the driver's meeting. Going over how to stay off the racing line at the appropriate time and so on. If you know someone is faster than you from an earlier session, let them go out ahead of you at the start of the session. Numbers and car description on the time attack printouts would help with this.

5. One of the Thunderhill events hosted as a time attack only track day with run groups based on the classes and lap times. I suppose this is only possible if enough people participate.

6. FR-S/BRZ Cup
Awesome and next year is going to be super fun with you in the mix.

1. I think this might happen

2. I think they might be trying to save the BMW class dunno for sure but I'll try and find out.

3. It was definitely improved from BW but BW was definitely out of the norm.

4. Edwin and I were talking about this at the last T-Hill day, what happens when two people are on their lap with one being slower than the other?
For your fast lap I was thinking about running your high beams for that lap but I'd guess we'd all be running our high beams on the first or second lap. The warm up lap is usually what I use to let people go by that are faster and sometimes slower than me. It does take time to get to know people and cars.
With the new timing we'll be able to see it pretty much right away on our phones so I'm not sure if there's room but I'll ask to see if the info can be added.

5. Don't think there would be enough cars but that would be cool. I did like the TA only sessions, maybe they can do that? I'll ask

6. Not enough cars
Good points. Yeah maybe bring back the TA only sessions but let everyone do a "gentleman's grid" agreement and let everyone work out their grid positions. The TA only session at Laguna was great even though the grid wasn't really in order.

Once Thunderhll West is complete I want to have one track doing normal lapping and on the other we can do some lead follow battles.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:32 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boyguan
I'm in for next year
it'll be a fun season season for sure.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Good points. Yeah maybe bring back the TA only sessions but let everyone do a "gentleman's grid" agreement and let everyone work out their grid positions. The TA only session at Laguna was great even though the grid wasn't really in order.

Once Thunderhll West is complete I want to have one track doing normal lapping and on the other we can do some lead follow battles.
Laguna was great other than the fact it was a ton if work for them which delayed things.
Maybe we can grid ourselves in the first session after lunch where it gives everyone a chance to see their times?

That'll be a pricey day for sure, they'll want to recoup the money spent to build it as quickly as possible. It'll most likely be two track day organizations there at the same time is my guess.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Hehe yeah I think your rev limit maaaay be a little higher than mine sir. I definitely look forward to running a tune with higher limit, that additional flexibility must be excellent.

And yeah Matt I think it would be easy enough to take a few extra minutes at the start of each day to go over some things that would eventually get burned into people's minds. There will always be traffic but it is easy enough to avoid spoiling people's laps in a lot of scenarios. I think using headlights is a good idea. I often give slower traffic a few quick flashes of my high beams anyways (force of habit ) and it seems to work well without causing a ruckus.
I'll take a look and see what it was at but for sure there was no tune. The main thing about the tune is VTEC, having a lower VTEC is awesome and I can't wait for that.

Matt short shifts everywhere so I don't see him taking advantage of the increased limit.

I checked out my last t-hill track day when I had the tune and was able to shift later. but I do agree the rev limit does seem like it might be higher or maybe it's the way it engages now? Maybe it's because it's on a letter revision from Honda? I'll check it out tomorrow night when I put the tune back on it.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
Originally Posted by macr88' timestamp='1387471720' post='22930290
[quote name='andrewhake' timestamp='1387457362' post='22929943']
6. FR-S/BRZ Cup
6. Not enough cars
They are sitting in dark parking lots on weekend nights. Not drivers.
[/quote]

To be fair, the s2000 community has more than it's share of hard parkers too. And I've been to a couple of track events recently (NCRC MRLS, Trackmasters Sonoma) where the number of 86s equalled or exceeded s2ks
Old 12-20-2013, 07:02 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman' timestamp='1387491592' post='22930944
After I get my license. (2014)
And I'm not talking about a drivers license.
What month?
Lol it's more complex than naming a date. I have a national board and then a state board and then waiting on "THE board" to credential me. Then the tracking becomes more feasible. It will be a few months. Aiming for 6-8 to give enough cushion for retesting. I'm on a long path but eventually leads to me being on the track.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:05 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AyJay
Originally Posted by TougeHorseman' timestamp='1387472871' post='22930321
[quote name='macr88' timestamp='1387471720' post='22930290']
[quote name='andrewhake' timestamp='1387457362' post='22929943']
6. FR-S/BRZ Cup
6. Not enough cars
They are sitting in dark parking lots on weekend nights. Not drivers.
[/quote]

To be fair, the s2000 community has more than it's share of hard parkers too. And I've been to a couple of track events recently (NCRC MRLS, Trackmasters Sonoma) where the number of 86s equalled or exceeded s2ks
[/quote]

Hard parking s2000s!! The bane of my existence.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:51 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
Originally Posted by macr88' timestamp='1387494327' post='22931026
[quote name='TougeHorseman' timestamp='1387491592' post='22930944']
After I get my license. (2014)
And I'm not talking about a drivers license.
What month?
Lol it's more complex than naming a date. I have a national board and then a state board and then waiting on "THE board" to credential me. Then the tracking becomes more feasible. It will be a few months. Aiming for 6-8 to give enough cushion for retesting. I'm on a long path but eventually leads to me being on the track.
[/quote]
Good luck and hope it goes quickly
Old 12-20-2013, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1387507269' post='22931279
Hehe yeah I think your rev limit maaaay be a little higher than mine sir. I definitely look forward to running a tune with higher limit, that additional flexibility must be excellent.

And yeah Matt I think it would be easy enough to take a few extra minutes at the start of each day to go over some things that would eventually get burned into people's minds. There will always be traffic but it is easy enough to avoid spoiling people's laps in a lot of scenarios. I think using headlights is a good idea. I often give slower traffic a few quick flashes of my high beams anyways (force of habit ) and it seems to work well without causing a ruckus.
I'll take a look and see what it was at but for sure there was no tune. The main thing about the tune is VTEC, having a lower VTEC is awesome and I can't wait for that.

Matt short shifts everywhere so I don't see him taking advantage of the increased limit.

I checked out my last t-hill track day when I had the tune and was able to shift later. but I do agree the rev limit does seem like it might be higher or maybe it's the way it engages now? Maybe it's because it's on a letter revision from Honda? I'll check it out tomorrow night when I put the tune back on it.
You can do like 107-108 in 4th gear lol. I short shift now just because I don't have an oil cooler yet and I feel so bad for my car. there are places I would hold a gear if i had a higher rev limit but Im currently sitting at the rev limiter (which makes me cringe a little) so I just short shift and use the next gear up. I know its costing me a few tenths but I feel better about driving the car hard that way.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by MMisencik157
You can do like 107-108 in 4th gear lol. I short shift now just because I don't have an oil cooler yet and I feel so bad for my car. there are places I would hold a gear if i had a higher rev limit but Im currently sitting at the rev limiter (which makes me cringe a little) so I just short shift and use the next gear up. I know its costing me a few tenths but I feel better about driving the car hard that way.
Really?

Quick Reply: CTTD TA discussion aka CityTech Time Attack