California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

CTTD TA #1 Feb 1st at T-Hill

Old 02-02-2014, 01:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking through these pictures really make me wanna go go back again.. Oh and make me miss my car.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XqiZit
Awesome day, congrats to S2k Challenge winners Edwin and Matt for some ridiculous times

And since Mac didn't show up I managed to take home 3rd in Street class lol
Awesome, congrats
Old 02-02-2014, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super fun day, met some cool people too. We really lucked out again with the perfect weather!
Old 02-02-2014, 07:35 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

might be coming over soon,...do they allow passengers here??
Old 02-03-2014, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
might be coming over soon,...do they allow passengers here??
Yep.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:46 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Only got in one clean session without a passenger due to constant brake issues including a cracked brake rotor during session 1, followed by wearing my Carbotechs down to the backing plates before lunch. Still matched my previous PB of 2:11, but that was only 4th in class as of lunch time, with more sessions for people to top it. I still leave lots of time at turns 1, 8 and 9.

Group B was awesome, though. It was a ghost town out there and the few cars I saw all were great with quick point-bys. I didn't get to follow anybody fast, which was a bummer, but it's hard to complain about a wide-open track. Hoping to attend as many of these as possible.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
Only got in one clean session without a passenger due to constant brake issues including a cracked brake rotor during session 1, followed by wearing my Carbotechs down to the backing plates before lunch. Still matched my previous PB of 2:11, but that was only 4th in class as of lunch time, with more sessions for people to top it. I still leave lots of time at turns 1, 8 and 9.

Group B was awesome, though. It was a ghost town out there and the few cars I saw all were great with quick point-bys. I didn't get to follow anybody fast, which was a bummer, but it's hard to complain about a wide-open track. Hoping to attend as many of these as possible.
YES! Group B was like a private track event to myself, I could string together 4-5 laps without seeing anyone.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:19 PM
HBK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XqiZit' timestamp='1391456620' post='22996944

YES! Group B was like a private track event to myself, I could string together 4-5 laps without seeing anyone.
I was also very happy with the amount of cars in group B, helped a lot with achieving my new PB. Any of you guys have trouble with the grandsport c6 vette? He would not let me by for quite a few laps.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:45 PM

I should have moved up to Group B. Group C was full of traffic :-(
Here's a video of my best lap, during the time trial session after lunch that was thankfully free from traffic.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTF7ON2tHyw&feature=youtu.be[/media]
Old 02-03-2014, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by XqiZit
Awesome day, congrats to S2k Challenge winners Edwin and Matt for some ridiculous times

And since Mac didn't show up I managed to take home 3rd in Street class lol

Quick Reply: CTTD TA #1 Feb 1st at T-Hill