California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Credit Card Charge Back

Old 08-28-2001, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Credit Card Charge Back

Ok, so this is the situation.

I made a payment with my CC to an unamed person's acct. with a particular motorsport company. The company I believe did ship out the goods to the unamed persons not to me. The unamed person did not deliver the proposed goods to me that was supposed to be, when the payment was made. Does this still apply to a charge back? Thanks guys.

If not, is there anything else that I can do other than small claims, I'm not looking forward to going to court over this.
Old 08-28-2001, 03:58 PM

Huyto- How do you get into these complicated situations? Anyways, so let me get this straight, you used your CC at a motorsports retailer (Company A) to buy "part B" for "person C" who was then supposed to give Part B to you. Why is person C involved? Anyways, so Company A gave Person C the goods (part B). As far as I can see I dont see an agreement between you and Person C, so you'll need to prove that in a court or talk some sense into Person C (read: kick some ass if you have to)

I think maybe we nee more info on person C before we can help you decipher this one.

What am I missing? You always seem to have these complicated questions...owww, my brain hurts now.
Old 08-28-2001, 04:32 PM

Well, it was like this. Person C offered part B, I said sure (big mistake). Then person C said if I could pay off a bill to motor company A for him as the payment for part B, and once he gets his new shipment of part E, he would then give me the original part B that he promised. So, I waited a few weeks for the shipment of the Part E to person C, so he could give me the promised part B, and he kept telling me it was delayed, shipment will be here in two weeks, delayed again, yada yada yada... now its been over a few months, and person C has not returned any of my calls anymore.

Well, I spoke to motorsport company A, and they will be sending the receipt of the payment I made to them. If I have to, I guess I'll see him on Juge Judy. Or I could say I never authorized the payment on my CC right? Whats the statue on limitations on CC bills... anyone know?

Oh yeah, and I seem to always get myself in these stupid situations for some reason... My GF told me I was an idiot to trust him. I sure do feel like one now... Doh. Second time I've been jacked in the last few months... Fvckng Sht goddam @$#@@#@%#$^%$#@$!@$!@$#$^$!@#!@#$!@$
Old 08-28-2001, 05:56 PM

you have 90 days to dispute a charge i believe.
Old 08-28-2001, 06:01 PM

Sounds complicated, but I think your only recourse is through Person C at this point. you DID authorise the charge, so that option is out. Doh! Dont worry, many people have done mistakes like these...we just dont admit to them. It'll sort itself out. I dont suppose you got a contract/receipt/ anything written from person C did you? It'd be alot easier to take to court...or even threaten to take to court anyways. good luck!
Old 08-29-2001, 08:47 AM

Damn, its been waaay longer than 90 days... Sucks
Old 08-29-2001, 01:47 PM

never hurts to try! the CC company will want a charge ID number, like what's on your cc bill. just send them a letter or email saying you want to dispute that charge and see what they say.
Old 08-29-2001, 04:50 PM

Problem with this method is that you're not trying to recover from the perp, you're trying to pass your screwing on to someone else who doesn't deserve it.
Old 08-30-2001, 08:36 AM

The thing with screwing the motorsport company is that when I called them to get a receipt of my payment to them, they were not all too helpful. They basically said, we sent the invoice to the perp, and this is your problem, it has nothing to do with us. I think giving them one grand of my money entitles me to get at least a receipt of that payment don't you think? The guy was basically an a-hole not willing to put in 5 mins' of time to dig up that payment and send it to me or fax me a legible copy. he faxed me something, but what good is to me if nothing on it is legible? And he was supposed to snail mail me a copy but hasn't done so. I'm f*cking screwed.
To think I stood up for the bastard when someone else questioned his motives and in the end I end up getting jacked even worse. $@*)#$@*U#@$%&(!#@&(#!@ ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Originally posted by jschmidt
Problem with this method is that you're not trying to recover from the perp, you're trying to pass your screwing on to someone else who doesn't deserve it.