California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

crashed my s2k

Old 10-08-2006, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crashed my s2k

so i'm coming down deanza blvd going 45mph when suddenly, an old asian man making a right turn decides to pop in front of me. i'm several feet behind his car and realize i have two choices to make: 1. hit the brakes but most likely slam into the old man's car. OR 2. swerve out of the way and ninja dodge him

i chose #2, BUT then he decides to be an idiot and cross over multiple lanes parallel to my swerving direction. Thus, I had to swerve even MORE to avoid him, thus causing me to oversteer and lose control. I attempted to correct it by countersteering, only to find myself spinning out and slamming into a side curb. The old man just looks at me and drives away. I couldn't get his plate since my neck was in a lot of pain from the crash.

My side skirt and rear fender ripped off. My rear suspension is completely destroyed. My brake rotors shattered, and rims exploded. New tein coilovers I installed a month ago are destroyed.

Anyone know if insurance will help cover any of the damage? They are covering medical care for my neck, but my car... I'm hoping likewise.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:54 AM

Holy crap thats terrible, I hope everything works out for you.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:07 AM

Damn that sucks bro. Hope you're feeling better soon. Did you get the number of any witnesses? If they can say you were not at fault, maybe your insurance will cover you without raising rates. Do you have comprehensive coverage?
Old 10-08-2006, 11:25 AM

should have rammed his dumb ass, why the hell did he swerve back multiple lanes?
Old 10-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Ash

Originally Posted by Ustemuf,Oct 8 2006, 11:25 AM
should have rammed his dumb ass, why the hell did he swerve back multiple lanes?

gotta hit the dude.....
Old 10-08-2006, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ustemuf,Oct 8 2006, 12:25 PM
Its much safer than to swerve. I rather nail his ass than to swerve and accidentally injure and kill someone in another car or pedestrian. Plus it guarentees that he will pay for damages if he can't run away.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow the rims exploded what brand were they
Old 10-08-2006, 12:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

usually, i try to avoid hitting, but if i saw that he was crossing over multiple lanes parallel to my swervation (wow new word) i'd just ram into him coz i'd have no other choice. i'd rather hit a car and kill someone at fault than some random pedestrian (despite how much i hate pedestrians) but your insurance should cover your car, and since theres no other driver/car that was involved chances are thats 1 point on your record and your insurance goes up. but they should cover damage unless you have the crappy-est level of insurance (liability) which only pays for the other person's damage. sorry to hear about your accident, i hope you get better soon and that everything works out.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:08 PM

go back to the same street around the same time and day of the week, hopefully you can spot the driver and take a picture. he is guilty of wreckless driving
Old 10-08-2006, 01:09 PM

asian drivers.

Quick Reply: crashed my s2k