California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

CR lip

Old 05-18-2012, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CR lip

Hey, my front lip (and some water shields) just got destroyed by a road hazard, and now insurance is covering the bill for the damages. Now I'm ordered the CR lip, so what additional mounting hardware do i need to get the lip on?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-18-2012, 04:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to check out Hondapartscheap.com & figure out what hardware the CR comes with. Just get those & get ready to drill some holes. Too bad they wouldnt cover the bumper as well so you could just buy the whole set.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:04 PM

They cover whatever I want. Personally I'd rather not since the bumper is fine.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What did you hit?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:49 PM

I didn't hit anything.

Someone in front of me hit a diesel tire scrap, while I swerved out of the way. When they hit the tire, it flew in my direction, and took out my lip, my passenger splash shield, tweaked my bumper (and left a bunch of skid marks), and mangled my front splash shield. Ugh.

My friend saw the whole thing and said my lip pretty much shattered into pieces on impact and yellow pieces flew everywhere. The tire scrap was pretty big BTW.

So I'm just getting everything from Hondapartscheap.com. Retail price for the AP2 lip is $500+! Maybe a $50-$75 difference from the CR lip...

Old 05-19-2012, 05:11 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by stacey
I didn't hit anything.

Someone in front of me hit a diesel tire scrap, while I swerved out of the way. When they hit the tire, it flew in my direction, and took out my lip, my passenger splash shield, tweaked my bumper (and left a bunch of skid marks), and mangled my front splash shield. Ugh.

My friend saw the whole thing and said my lip pretty much shattered into pieces on impact and yellow pieces flew everywhere. The tire scrap was pretty big BTW.

So I'm just getting everything from Hondapartscheap.com. Retail price for the AP2 lip is $500+! Maybe a $50-$75 difference from the CR lip...
Oh wow that sounds scary. Glad you are ok!
Your car is going to look sick with the CR lip and the rest of the OEM body accessories, can't wait to see it!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the cr lip should come with all hardware. you just need to drill a few extra holes in an non-cr bumper.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by eklipz98
Originally Posted by stacey' timestamp='1337399361' post='21711632
I didn't hit anything.

Oh wow that sounds scary. Glad you are ok!
Your car is going to look sick with the CR lip and the rest of the OEM body accessories, can't wait to see it!
It really wasn't scary, but my heart sank at the sound it made. I thought it was going to be much worse!

I always wanted a CR lip, I just didn't expect to get it like this!
Old 05-19-2012, 05:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chuhsi
the cr lip should come with all hardware. you just need to drill a few extra holes in an non-cr bumper.
I don't think it comes with the hardware. I had to buy mine seperately. Htg has the hardware kit fs.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by nos4you
Originally Posted by chuhsi' timestamp='1337450456' post='21712484
I don't think it comes with the hardware. I had to buy mine seperately. Htg has the hardware kit fs.
Link?

Quick Reply: CR lip