Cool 2005 GPW NSX with HRE wheels

Old 08-23-2012, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its time to sell all my parts!!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hanzel28

Its time to sell all my parts!!!!
this car is 8-10K more than what it is worth! someone is gonna get you real bad and you will never forget about it in your entire life when you are trying to sell this piece of shit in few years by then it will be a 15 year old car for 30-35K max if not lower, and there you are with 20K loss
Old 08-23-2012, 04:39 PM

Received 148 Likes on 115 Posts

Nice car.
almost got an NSX myself a couple of times.
maybe in the future

Originally Posted by XenonKiller99
I waaaaaaaaaaaaant this!!!!! *DROOOOOL*
US $75,800.00 or offer
Year: 2005
Make: Acura
Model: NSX
VIN: JH4NA21655S000006

Stock Number: B063AA
Mileage: 7887
Transmission: Manual
Engine: 6 Cylinder, 3.2 L

Old 08-23-2012, 04:52 PM

I love the NSX. Having said that, I never understood why they command the premium that they do especially for early NA2s. A lot of early NA2s are still selling for well over $35K for a 15 year old car seems a little bit ridiculous. NSXs are exotic in their own right but is no where near Porsche GT2/GT3 (pedigree) status to command this sort of hold on the value. For $55K, you can pick up a nice 996 GT3 which is a whole lot more car than the NSX performance wise. Just my 0.02.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

damn...with a car like that, you really can't drive it that much. It becomes a trophy at this point if you want to keep it in mint condition and retain its value. That 7887 mile NSX is amazing!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by shehatezme
I love the NSX. Having said that, I never understood why they command the premium that they do especially for early NA2s. A lot of early NA2s are still selling for well over $35K for a 15 year old car seems a little bit ridiculous. NSXs are exotic in their own right but is no where near Porsche GT2/GT3 (pedigree) status to command this sort of hold on the value. For $55K, you can pick up a nice 996 GT3 which is a whole lot more car than the NSX performance wise. Just my 0.02.
I was in the market for a NSX a while ago, but I always found it really hard to justify the price when it actually comes time to signing the paper work. The car has the looks of an exotic, but sometimes I feel like that is all. If the cars were priced a bit more reasonably, I'd pull the trigger in a heart beat... But I find it really hard to justify 55,000 dollars when that could get me something like the C6 Corvette Z06 or 911 GT3 which has true super car performance.

My opinion catches a lot of criticism, but NSX's are just too old to command the price they currently do.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:48 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjajwl
Originally Posted by shehatezme' timestamp='1345769570' post='21960314
I was in the market for a NSX a while ago, but I always found it really hard to justify the price when it actually comes time to signing the paper work. The car has the looks of an exotic, but sometimes I feel like that is all. If the cars were priced a bit more reasonably, I'd pull the trigger in a heart beat... But I find it really hard to justify 55,000 dollars when that could get me something like the C6 Corvette Z06 or 911 GT3 which has true super car performance.

My opinion catches a lot of criticism, but NSX's are just too old to command the price they currently do.
Frankly if all you care about is performance, the NSX is probably not a good choice for you. I don't think you can put a value to a car like the NSX vs. any modern sports car. Like I said many times, the NSX is for someone who appreciates a very unique exotic car.

I have a close friend who collects vintage race cars. These cars were produced BEFORE the Ford Model T which dates them to roughly 1900-1903 era I think (sorry I'm not a vintage car expert) but these cars MSRP was around $5000 back then! So pretty much these cars for the elite class in the 1900's. I have no clue what they are worth today but he ships 2 of them per year (he's got over 30 of them) to the Concorso. If I use the same comparative thinking you use in comparing the NSX to a GT3, then I would be stupid to have paid $80k+ for my NSX I actually sold my 08 GT3 to buy the NSX and pocket some money.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:13 PM

Rick, I don't think anyone can justify how much you would spend on a car. Sometimes the emotions of it all, gets the best of you. For example, Steve McQueens original GT40 just sold for $11 million.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1141244

Of course, everyone's threshold on how much they would spend on what is considered "an exotic car" is different. I understand the following that the NSX has and it is a great car. However, in my opinion, I am not sure if the NSX is exotic enough to command the market that it does. You paid what you paid for the NSX and that's cool. If I was to drop $80K tomorrow, I would look for a nice 1954 Jaguar XK120 drophead, 1968 MB 280SL, or a 1956 Porsche Speedster. I am into real vintage cars so those are worth it to me but you may not think the same. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:45 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by shehatezme
Rick, I don't think anyone can justify how much you would spend on a car. Sometimes the emotions of it all, gets the best of you. For example, Steve McQueens original GT40 just sold for $11 million.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1141244

Of course, everyone's threshold on how much they would spend on what is considered "an exotic car" is different. I understand the following that the NSX has and it is a great car. However, in my opinion, I am not sure if the NSX is exotic enough to command the market that it does. You paid what you paid for the NSX and that's cool. If I was to drop $80K tomorrow, I would look for a nice 1954 Jaguar XK120 drophead, 1968 MB 280SL, or a 1956 Porsche Speedster. I am into real vintage cars so those are worth it to me but you may not think the same. Different strokes for different folks.
Agreed, the cars you listed are certainly nice cars too but your right not my style

Vintage cars are a totally different ball game and the NSX is definitely NOT in that categroy. I remember reading on the news that some guy crashed this one-off Ferrari worth like 33 million dollars! Of course he can afford it so no big deal but damn that is a lot of money!

Oh my friend's car collection is vintage Toledo's ~ I know NOTHING about them except they look super cool and I'm sure expensive. He had them throughout his house displayed like a museum. Absolutely breathtaking and crazy at the same time!

I'm looking at GTR's right now for example and it's really the best choice for me since it has 2 back seats but everytime I get serious about one, I think "$100k for a Nissan" and I go back to wanting to pay just a bit more for a R8 v10 Sypyder Of course that car would just sit like my other cars since I can't fit any baby seats in there
Old 08-24-2012, 05:55 PM

How is the NSX a unique exotic car again? Not here to hate or anything, just would like to hear your own reason. From NSXPrime, I have gathered numerous reasons: "The engine is in the middle = Exotic" .. "The car is made out of exotic materials" .. and "It looks like a Ferrari." Needless to say, I was not getting many good reasons from them.

I agree with shehatezme, though. The car is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. It's just shocking how much these cars are priced at and also the lengths owners will go to defend the price they paid.

The GT-R commands the premium because it's a new(er) car and it's actually a bargain for a car that competes with more expensive cars. The NSX is a great driver's car (one of the best), but I probably need to spend more seat time in one.

Quick Reply: Cool 2005 GPW NSX with HRE wheels