California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

CLOSE CALL!! with CHP

Old 12-26-2001, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CLOSE CALL!! with CHP

OMG,

i am one lucky SOB,

yesterday around 9:00 pm, i was comming home from SF to SJ. I was going on 280 by Woodside.
i saw this JETTA VR6 on the freeway going around 90mpg. I caught up to him and cruized at 90 with him.
then punched it. We were both going around 130 neck to neck and kept it at that pace.
both of us went over this overpass then i saw 2 lights come up behind us very quick. we both slowed down to around 110mph and kept it there. then out of no where those 2 lights was a CHP. he was cruizing at 110+ mph with both of us. I hit the breaks and the Jetta gunned it. i dunno why, THE CHP then flashed his lights and pulled the jetta over.....
i took the next exit right off and went locally home.....

This was a crazy experience.
Old 12-26-2001, 04:36 AM

That Jetta was probably stolen or something. But anyways.. slow down on freeways because speeding over 100MPH can get you suspended. Be careful.. I got a ticket for going 103 on 680 and I almost got suspended but luckly, officer din't show at the court. I know how you felt when you saw those freaky lights in the dark.. SLO down.. and try not to go over 100. cuz it might ruin your life.~ SEE you around~
Old 12-26-2001, 07:34 AM

yeah, you are really lucky considering how the cops are out in force during the holiday season. So are the idiot drivers who dont know how to drive. Careful out there!
Old 12-26-2001, 08:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by yu888
[B] So are the idiot drivers who dont know how to drive.
Old 12-26-2001, 09:33 AM

Originally posted by Voodoo_S2K

That is why after it gets dark this time of the year, my motorcycle stays in the garage.
I hear ya...thats when the idiot drivers get drunk and think they really know how to drive
Old 12-26-2001, 03:19 PM

Glad you got lucky on this one.. Sometimes it's just so awfully tempting to floor the accelerator I'm getting better in saying "no" to temptation though

Here is another story - one day was driving on 84, and a CHP started following from where Canada road intersects with 84. I was driving around 24 in 25, then around 34 in 35. He was following me very close.. I was tempted to slam the brakes before going into one of the turns and watch him bump into me lol.. So he followed me all the way to that place where the road begins to twist (T intersection with Portola or Kings Mountain?).. then I kept driving in the twisties at 35, at the posted speed limit and he could not keep up with me LOL After two very sharp turns I could no longer see him.. I was driving at my comfortable pace, breaking earlier than necessary, easy in corners. Bye-bye, CHP tailgater. He could not see me, quite possibly he could hear me, but there was not much he could do LOL I guess other than setting a trap at the bikers place, at some point I hit 70 but what would he use as an evidence? Average speed? It put such a huge SMILE on my face.

I just wonder (out of pure curiosity, don't try that! ) if he would be able to keep up with you at 130+. 280 is pretty twisty for that kind of speed.
Old 12-26-2001, 03:43 PM

Over the weekend Me and VtecXturbo (Aaron) was on the 405 South Ramp merging onto the 10E. I had deceided to speed up and feel the pull on a ramp. I hit 120+ while going throught the ramp....... Almost reaching 10E which where 405N ramp joins in..... In the corner of my eyes....I C Lights....on top of the car......I was like CHIT!!! Slam the break slow down and same did Aaron, we though we are SCREWED!!! The CHP pulls behind Aaron for awhile......both of us had our hearts pumping in our mouth.........Luckly, after 2 exit still didnt pull us over......and exited, I picked up the cell and called Aaron, and both of us were screaming and laughing......

DaRKCrow
"BTW< I still hit a 115+ on the 110 freeway on the way to my house.....The tunnel sounded amazing with Tanabe and HKS screaming through at 8k + RPM"
Old 12-28-2001, 04:04 PM
Ozy

Fastest i've been was 155mph westbound 580 between Pleasanton & Castro Valley. A kid in his new 2001 mustang gt wanted to see how fast he was compared to my blown s2k. To say the least, he was nothing but small headlights. I had no idea I was going that fast until i looked down and went "WHOA" and let off the gas. Haven't done that since.. I swear, the supercharger just makes the s2k pull & pull & pull at speeds over 110+.
Old 12-29-2001, 01:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bayarea408
[B]

dam, wish i had a SC, where did you go to have the SC put in?
Old 12-29-2001, 09:04 AM
Ozy

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bayarea408
[B]

dam, wish i had a SC, where did you go to have the SC put in?

Quick Reply: CLOSE CALL!! with CHP