California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Clock at 66!! Kind of long!!

Old 10-14-2003, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by topcat7111
I think with the budget deficit of the city and state, the police department are now been pressure from the top to crack down on traffic violation. The city collect millions. Just yesterday, i saw Four speed trap in the city. Now i got my first ticket in seven years, i have to be aware of where there are hiding. Those sneaky bastard, hiding around like a freaking criminal!!
This is true. Ever since the latest budget crisis, my commute has been absolutely crawling with speed traps. At first, there were simply more cops in the usual speed trap areas. Then, more and more speed traps were added. They like to put them in places where they know most people will exceed the speed limit...downhill grades and anywhere the road straightens out (most of it is curvy) are popular choices.

I also got my first speeding ticket ever this summer, for going 10 MPH over the speed limit. This was on highway 17 North, next to Lexington Reservoir, where the speed limit is 50 MPH. Those of you familiar with the area know that nobody stays under 50 MPH there, as it is the first stretch of open road following a series of downhill curves.

But, hey, at least they didn't raise taxes.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:41 PM

talk to Unabageler, he fought the same argument and won.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:01 PM

The comedy part of this story is that Spacecowboy was trying to show off in front of me along that stretch of road. He rips off down the 1/8 or so straight and a cop jumps out of the bushes.

I pull up next to both of them in my RX-7 and the cop had turned his lights off. All I could do was basically watch as Space thought he was home free - NOPE, cop turns lights back on and pulls him over.

Sorry man, I poured 40 oz of boosted intake charge on the ground for my slain s2000 warriors after I was out of there..
Old 12-15-2003, 02:59 PM

doh! I think you just wanted to brag about your rx-7. j/k

the best way to fight your ticket is by doing a trial by declaration. Cops get paid overtime for going to court but they don't get anything for paperwork, usually they won't even bother and you win. Even if you get denied, you don't sacrifice your right to a trial. Get a trial, and postpone. do it again, as many times as you can by calling the clerk's office.

Then, if you do get it, just ask for traffic school. Often times, even if you have taken it in the last 18 months, especially if you are near that, you'll get it again.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:04 PM

I'm just giving SC some shit. I know at worst he'll just get a point. Nothing serious
Old 12-15-2003, 03:17 PM

Originally posted by clayne
I'm just giving SC some shit. I know at worst he'll just get a point. Nothing serious
There is nothing to brag about, I was the one in front and you were like ahhhhhhhh how many cars behind me when I got pulled over?????
I was surprised you even saw my personalized plate, oh yeah that's when you finally caught up and we're able to look at it when the cop stopped me.
So you were lucky that I was way ahead of you when the cop sighted me.

My stupidity, lesson learned.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:28 PM

Yes, but remember Space, I wasn't racing you there at all. I was doing the flow of traffic with everyone else. I then received a theatrical view of the entire thing as the cop does a U-turn out of the bushes into the middle of the street.

I noticed your personal plate back on 19th/JS where you are forgetting to tell them about the 2nd gear runs around Stonestown though.

Don't get me wrong man, I really am just giving you shit. I'm sure we would get along just fine given the chance.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:35 PM

It's all good, does not bother me at all.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:44 PM

BTW, Your absolute best bet is to claim guilty and show up to court asking for a fine reduction. In most cases you end up paying significantly less than if you had just mailed the ticket in (which in a 25 over you usually can't).

Nothing serious will happen in court. I've even had San Mateo county judges allow me to take traffic school when it hadn't been 18 months between last taken school.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:40 PM

if the trial by declaration doesn't work, yah, grovel. beg for traffic school. a pouty lower lip (and ample decoutage) sometimes helps.

Quick Reply: Clock at 66!! Kind of long!!