California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Clock at 66!! Kind of long!!

Old 10-11-2003, 07:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On early friday moring around 1 am, driving thru park presideo blvd going toward Golden gate bridge i got pull over by SFPD. He said his radar pick me up at 66mph. Well this is how it happen, i was on park presideo blvd going towards Fulton, right after you pass Cross over Dr. there is a long sweeping right curve, after that you got about 1/4 mile of straight way. So i drove thru that curve going about 35 to 40 in third gear, coming off that curve i see noting but straight open road and no cars around me, visibility was excellent so i said to myself....Vtec as i hit vtec i was going about 75, that's when i see that pig hidden on right side of the road behind some trees. His patrol car was facing incoming cars, right befor the last left sweeping curve going into Fulton St. In the instant i step on the brake trying to slow down i knew it was too late...he got me. He follow me for about two blocks and he turn on his light so i turn right and pull over. He comes out and ask me for my licence, registration and insurance so i handle over. Then he says, "his radar pick me up at 66mph and he ask me why are you going so fast"?? I told him that the road were empty no cars or property or pedestrians around so i thought it would be safe. All he said was, "i be right back." Five minutes pass and he comes back and said, "sign here on the X, i got you for going over the speed limit." So i sign the citation and put the ticket in my wallet. The most funny part was he apologies to me. He said, "sorry man i had to give you this ticket". I didn't say a word and he went his way. I was thinking, what the f@#k?? you're sorry!! If you were really sorry, you wouldn't have wrote me a ticket. He knew damn well, that it was bullshit! He knew deep down that i didn't deserve this ticket. Just today, i pull it out and looking at the ticket there is a section that shows the violation code and there is a number 22350 and on the right side, he wrote exceeding basic speed limit. So i look it up in DMV website, all it said was Exceeding the basic speed limit and it count as one point on your driving record. So i look it up in the California violation of vechicle code section 22350.
22350. No person shall drive a vechicle upon a highway at speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on and the surface and width of the highway and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of person or property.
Well, that section says nothing about a posted limit does it?? Well, the night i got pull over it was clear and the visibility was excellent other wise he wouldn't had pick me up on his radar. I was the only car on that stretch of the road. The surrface of road was good it was dry and it had three lane so it was a wide road. There were no cars around me at that time. No property or pedestrians for me to endanger. So i look up 22351(b) The speed of any vechicle upon a highway in excess of the prima facie speed limits in section 22352 or established as authorized it this code is prima facie unlawful. That sound like i am guity, but there is more....unless the defendent establishes by competent evidence that the speed in excess of said limits did not constitute a violation of the basic speed law at the time, place and under the conditions then existing. Well, i'm ready to defend myself and i have some lengthy question ready for the officer. I'm not going to disclose it here.....kind of long. Has any one here fought a speeding ticket and got his case dismiss ?? I like to know. What do you think of my chance of getting it dismiss?? Please no flame!!
Old 10-12-2003, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a print out of the weather report for that day, go take a video of the traffic conditions for that time of day, collect as much info as you can and go fight it. If nothing else, you will impress the judge and it may be lowered or thrown out depending on if the officer shows up. Argue your interpretation of the verbage on the ticket just like you did in your post. If you tell them you ignored the posted limits, they will have some not so flattering thoughts of you too. Calling you a pig would be nice compared to what they really think of ignorant motorists.

I'd leave pig out though. Learn some respect.
He or she was just doing their job. Yes we pay them for that.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:10 AM

Verbage?? You mean verbiage. Actually, he was a skinny pig.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:10 AM
SaV

Your one of many that got caught in that specific speed trap. I usually slow down after taking the long sweeper at fast speeds b/c there is always a pig hidden between the trees. By the way, I suggest you use ticketassasin.com and use their "radar-template." I beat a similar ticket on Sunset Blvd.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:22 PM

I think you have some sort of case *shrug* whether you win or not... the judge might just say "You were speeding end of story". Worth a shot though.
Old 10-12-2003, 01:22 PM

That's funny cause I got a ticket at the same place where you got yours on my way back from working in San Jose.
Same place, same spot at the right side where that cop was sitting before you hit Fulton.
He got me at 79mph and I was not really paying attention to my speed at that time cause my eyes were on the road, I could have swore that I was going 60 when I was coming out of the last right turn and there he was right in front of me.
Turned on his headlights and flashed it on me.
This happened Friday at 1am and he asked me the same question that he asked you if there was any reason I was speeding at all.
Funny thing is that he did say that he was sorry about giving me a ticket and I was like what the f#*&! is that suppose to mean?
Cop was a white male seemed kinda slow at the head he did not know what kind of Honda I was driving?
Old 10-12-2003, 05:12 PM

ticketassassin.com
Old 10-12-2003, 07:24 PM

SFPD-- Chinese officer?
Old 10-12-2003, 07:59 PM

Originally posted by wantone
SFPD-- Chinese officer?
No, white officer.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:05 PM

Oh sorry can't help then

Quick Reply: Clock at 66!! Kind of long!!