California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

CityTech at Laguna September 14th

Old 07-25-2013, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by DaPhatty' timestamp='1374819177' post='22688156
[quote name='andrewhake' timestamp='1374814497' post='22688090']

In all seriousness though. The CityTech day at Laguna is usually the only one that isn't $300+ and Buttonwillow is relatively inexpensive year round.
I paid $300+ for this event.
Did you rent a garage?
[/quote]

Indeed. If you are gonna do it, do it right!
Old 07-26-2013, 01:27 PM

Whats the difference between signing up for the challenge or just the "track day"? Seems like the lap timer is free for the challenge. Are you allowed to run the challenge if you're a beginner?
Old 07-26-2013, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beginners should not run the challenge. It is safety issues. You need to be aware of your surrounding, and the speed difference is too great. You might get spooked when a lot faster car come about, or you might be a rolling chicane for the faster guys.

Beginners should work toward competing in the challenge.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by MMisencik157' timestamp='1374790797' post='22687559
I would be in street class. I don't know what to do! I will be driving down from Chico so going to Laguna would be a shorter drive than Buttonwillow, the weather will be much better at Laguna and Mac and I would finally have our wingless GPW battle
Bumpy Ass Buttonwillow or Quiet Ass Laguna.

Congratulations it has been decided. See you at Laguna!

Here is some inspiration:

In all seriousness though. The CityTech day at Laguna is usually the only one that isn't $300+ and Buttonwillow is relatively inexpensive year round.
Hahah according to your GIF Laguna is the rougher and dirtier track
I think Anish is having the same dilemma so I told him to pick one and Ill go to whichever one he decides. Yeah the price with the discount is very reasonable compared to some other organizations but the main attraction for me is the people who would be there to drive with from s2ki!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MMisencik157
the main attraction for me is the people who would be there to drive with from s2ki!
to that
Old 07-26-2013, 09:55 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by MMisencik157
Hahah according to your GIF Laguna is the rougher and dirtier track
I think Anish is having the same dilemma so I told him to pick one and Ill go to whichever one he decides. Yeah the price with the discount is very reasonable compared to some other organizations but the main attraction for me is the people who would be there to drive with from s2ki!
Actually I think that line through the corkscrew is actually less bumpy than most of Buttonwillow still.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:01 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by oregoncurtis
Whats the difference between signing up for the challenge or just the "track day"? Seems like the lap timer is free for the challenge. Are you allowed to run the challenge if you're a beginner?
I agree with Andrie on this, but you can also usually rent a great Qstars lap timer (rather than use a transponder as the challenge uses) or use the many available mobile apps available to get a fairly accurate timing. I would recommend not worrying about lap times until you feel that you are actually driving fast though. Worrying about timed laps instead of really focusing on getting comfortable driving on track is a good way to make yourself spin or get into an accident. It is fairly easy to learn how to judge your own performance without data, and definitely a skill that shouldn't be overlooked.

The data becomes much more useful when you have run out of ways to find more speed simply using your own judgement.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:40 PM

Yeah I will go for the beginner group then. Must have the transponder though! Must have data! Sorry my inner ME came out.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:06 AM

Anyone have a decibel meter?
I have a Berk exhaust but with a silencer and was hoping it is quiet enough
Don't want to put my stock exhaust back on
Old 07-27-2013, 03:54 PM

So tempted to sign up! I've never run Laguna before, only T-hill and Buttonwillow. Man it's pretty $$ though, compared to those other tracks. This would be my first track day in the S2000, though I have done about 10 track days in my other cars. I think I would need some new brake pads if I were to sign up, which is even more money. Argh!

Quick Reply: CityTech at Laguna September 14th