California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

CHP on The freeway with no lights

Old 03-05-2011, 09:12 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteflash
I could have hit one getting off Bollinger onto 680S Thursday night @ 10. The idiot was at the end of the full 270 degree turn sideways with his lights off and the front of his car was taking up the entire shoulder. Should have smashed into him based on principle.
Good thing you didnt
Old 03-06-2011, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.myspace.com/video/boiling...erica/54162036

Good video
Old 03-16-2011, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by espelirS2K
I saw one on 680N right around Sunol exit the same way. Just posted completely in the dark, lights off and everything. I'm almost positive it's illegal. Though, if they're being that big of dicks than they'll just go to court and say "prove our lights were off"

Same deal on hwy 237 east last Friday at 11:30pm. I was heading home from the Meet do'in 65 =).
Old 03-16-2011, 07:03 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

One thing that always gets me is when I see cops completely flooring it in those big American lug cop cars, often in unnecessary situations (e.g., pulling over grandmas in Los Altos for traffic violations). I'm confident those cowboys have the pedal to the metal like 90% of the time. I can only imagine how much money police departments would save if part of cop training was 'hyper-miling'.

The only irony with my frustration, is that I would probably do the same exact thing if I was behind the wheel of a PD car. Crap, I practically do that with my s2000 already!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by dirtykoala
That's disturbing. I started to take a quick look while at work and turned out I watched 23 minutes of that video. Sort of sucks you in. The title is excellent as well.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:09 AM

those videos are def. disturbing..
Old 03-19-2011, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by dirtykoala
I think you are correct. I often see cops speeding, not signaling to change lanes, parking illegally, and talking on their cell (i know their allowed to talk on their cell, but the reason its illegal for me is because the state sees it as dangerous...) just saying that you cant expect that cops will always do whats legal or safe.
I almost got rear ended by san jose cop car #1356 last week. He was being reckless.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:04 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

That video highlights some very bad things.

Where do you start to make it better?
How do we get the 'bad' cops out of the system?

We can point fingers at the bad things that have come, but we the people built the police, allowed them to unionize, gave them crazy amounts of power, great pay/benefits and blocked much of the review process. Yes, you don't think it but our elected officials allowed this all to happen and the voter base, you (no one person in this thread), failed to call them on it. The next elected official who fears loosing office over such issues will start talking about it, but for things to change it has to be a ground swell. Until we make this a ballot issue we're all just jumping around pissed off. Based on the number of inactive potential voters I'm going to say we're all too busy with American idol, Apple products and the latest web gadget to be bothered with the real problems we face. We cannot be self absorbed and socially aware; the two are incompatible.

Mac, not to get way off topic here... just my ramble.

On my drive today I saw lots of police with their lights off. Just outside Sac on 80 there were 3 cops all parked sideways, driver door open, shooting laser. No lights. Pissing ran. Budget must be short for March. I noted 3-4 cars driving with their lights off, far more dangerous than 10-15mph over. How many of those 4 did I see pulled over? Zero. Total b$. How many turned their lights on when I flashed them? Zero. How many were focusing on something other than driving? All of them. Be in kids in the back, phone call, texting or stuffing their face with food. I see very few drivers just focusing on driving. Might be why people crash on perfectly sunny days.

Better get more law enforcement out there... make it safer for the stupids.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice rant, I love it.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by rob-2
Better get more law enforcement out there... make it safer for the stupids.
I think we need a more difficult licensing system. One with teared licenses. Something where you have to actually be capable to get the top license. I'm not sure what restrictions you would put on the lower licenses, but it seems like it might make the roads safer. Maybe we could raise the speed limit for the top license?

Quick Reply: CHP on The freeway with no lights