California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

CHP on The freeway with no lights

Old 03-02-2011, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simply follow the rules of the road, dont talk shit to cops, or act like a smart ass and there will be no problems. If that kid in the vid did not question the officer everything would of been fine. The officer says "how you doing?" than the kid should of replied "good, how's your night going sir?" Or when the officer asks "why are you parked here?" the kid should of answered the simple question instead of saying "oh this is a public place blah blah". The officer was calm and polite in the beginning, but the kid decided to act like a dick first.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way I see it, is that the kid was asking/answering legitimate questions in a calm manner. Despite if the cop liked the responses or not, it does not give him the justification to treat a civilian like that under those circumstances; especially if the civilian is cooperating & acting normal. What that police officer did was abuse his powers granted by his role society. Its absolutely ridiculous how the police officer threatened & emotionally attacked the kid over something as simple like this. They are trained to do better than that & this officer in particular should have practiced a more professional approach in this situation; it more seems like he was power tripping. Id be curious to see what would happen to the police officer if this video was turned in to the proper authorities? Maybe something, maybe nothing - who knows in this corrupt society we live in?

Does anyone know what are the legalities of recording video/audio when being interrogated by an officer?
Old 03-02-2011, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by dirtykoala
i record my police encounters with at least audio, video if i have the time to get it out. you might get lucky and get a cop to admit they didnt have their lights on or something.

not mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B_yw1iYKpA
I think he needs to spend some time in jail. By that I mean the officer.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirtykoala
i record my police encounters with at least audio, video if i have the time to get it out. you might get lucky and get a cop to admit they didnt have their lights on or something.

not mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B_yw1iYKpA

Holy Shit... I hope that cop got fired.....
Old 03-02-2011, 11:19 AM

i've seen one on 880S. he was on the LEFT shoulder around 830pm. lights off, standing behind his door with his radar on. sooooo dangerous!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:24 AM

He was asking legitimate questions sure...but at the wrong time. Officer asks you a question and you shouldnt ask one back, simply answer his instead. And yes, I agree that this officer handled the situation far from a professional manner. Whatever, people are weird everyone has their issues.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:05 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That video is a good reason to always press record on the audio/video function of your phone/camera when you get pulled over.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Allimport247
He was asking legitimate questions sure...but at the wrong time. Officer asks you a question and you shouldnt ask one back, simply answer his instead. And yes, I agree that this officer handled the situation far from a professional manner. Whatever, people are weird everyone has their issues.
I see your point & agree to an extent; however I also do believe that one shouldnt be afraid or constricted on what they want to say or deliver in message based on what "should" be done (keeping in mind on what you say is also greatly affected on how you deliver) - there are no formal rules that states, you have to do/respond this way or another when dealing with a cop or else youll get treated like X: to me that is BS. Afterall, you are having a mere conversation with the officer; just because hes on the other end wearing the badge doesnt give him the right to sway on the thoughts you want to process/convey.

If one feels that they are being mistreated & abused in any shape or form, I dont see the logic on just agreeing or cooperating with everything that is dictated from the man wearing the badge because he says so & has the power to make your situation more difficult when on your end you are innocent. Why does it have to be an attitude problem or resisting an officer when you are merely conveying your thoughts to the conversation? I can see how that would be the logical way to make the event easier to get out of; but these are not the principles I would follow.

Anyhow, I like your last line...yes everyone is weird & has their own issue; C'est La Vie!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:25 PM

that cop should be fired for what he was doing. COP FAIL!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:49 PM

Here's something I have heard from some people I know, who actually have done this and worked. If you see a cop from the rear, knowing that he's after you, simply pull over on the shoulder or where safe to pull over on the right if possible, and sit in your car. An officer needs to have his lights and or sirens on to pull you over. If he pulls up behind you and asks what's wrong, say you spilled something and needed to clean it up, or your car was stalling. If he didn't pull you over with his lights on, he can't give you a ticket. Supposedly, turning on the lights and siren in his/her cruiser while after someone is saying "You did something wrong, I have the right to pull you over and ticket you".

As for the no lights on the freeway, I've seen it multiple times, but they were after speeders. I've seen just the red light on coming in hot behind me and just a blur passes me. Is it safe? No. But if I don't get a ticket, I'm not gonna complain.

Quick Reply: CHP on The freeway with no lights