California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

CHP on The freeway with no lights

Old 03-01-2011, 09:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

CHP once gave me three tickets while I was parked at a park-and-ride in my old car. I was actually carpooling to the city on Father's Day. I came back to find I was written up for: 1) cracked windshield, 2) tinted front windows, 3) no front plate. The most ironic thing was that I was hit earlier that week by some idiot driver who managed to crack the windshield and shred my front plate. Needless to say, I don't use park and rides anymore. I use small roads in rich suburbia where CHP are not lurking with nothing else to do but write bogus tickets.

To get my front plate ticket written off, I wired it onto my busted front bumper. I went to Menlo Park PD (notoriously horrific department, FYI) to try to clear the ticket. They told me they would charge me a fee to write it off. They also told me that if I found an officer in the field who was not busy, I could get it written off without a fee. I asked where I could find an officer who wasn't busy, and they told me to go to STARBUCKS! Of course the ass at Starbucks refused to sign it off, claiming my wiring job was not secure. I just kept trying until I found a sympathetic cop at RWC CHP.

On a better note, I've gotten 3 exhaust tickets signed off my Redwood City CHP (none were issued by them originally). My exhaust was fully legal sound wise, and I had Greddy's own sound test in hand to clear the tickets.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im pretty sure they post up by the emergency lane to catch people who are not allowed on the carpool lane. last time there was a cop who pulled at least 3 different cars over in the span of less than 3 miles...
Old 03-01-2011, 10:10 PM

I rarely saw CHP on the left side, but I saw on the right with their light off quite often on 101 in northbay. Also, I got a speeding ticket by one CHP without light on when I was heading home from picking up my car in socal last year, right by grapevine... basterd
Old 03-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tkeyyy
oh. how stupid of them. did you happen to see him shooting his radar at people driving by? why the heck was he in the emergency lane ?! that's pretty dangerous
As I got closer I could see him standing outside of his car and my radar detector went off on Laser so I know he had those dam binocular looking guns.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by hk_s2k
im pretty sure they post up by the emergency lane to catch people who are not allowed on the carpool lane. last time there was a cop who pulled at least 3 different cars over in the span of less than 3 miles...
No carpool lane on that section of 280
Old 03-01-2011, 10:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by macr88
As I got closer I could see him standing outside of his car and my radar detector went off on Laser so I know he had those dam binocular looking guns.
wow... where did this happen again? he didn't have his spotlight on i'm assuming
Old 03-01-2011, 10:48 PM

oh. how stupid of them. did you happen to see him shooting his radar at people driving by? why the heck was he in the emergency lane ?! that's pretty dangerous
When I was driving from Dublin to milpitas, I saw a CHP that is doing the exact thing that Aaron metioned. My lidar went off before and after passing him going 65mph. He was chillin' there with his lights off.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by s2khac
I rarely saw CHP on the left side, but I saw on the right with their light off quite often on 101 in northbay. Also, I got a speeding ticket by one CHP without light on when I was heading home from picking up my car in socal last year, right by grapevine... basterd
That sucks.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:53 PM

wow... where did this happen again? he didn't have his spotlight on i'm assuming
They do this all the time on 101.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm pretty sure it is a new thing for the state to raise money...I heard they changed the law not allowing it.

Quick Reply: CHP on The freeway with no lights