California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Cheesecake Factory Dinner-Pleasanton

Old 03-01-2007, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

There are two sides to this discussion...

First of all, $27 a person = $54 a couple. I had a yummy sushi date the previous evening and it was roughly $40 for the two of us. So yesterday's "ok dinner" cost more than sushi (and I do love my Japanese food).

BUT I did get a chance to hang out with friends I haven't seen in a while and I had a great time. Since I don't get to do this very often, the extra $$ was worth it.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by minako,Mar 1 2007, 10:19 AM
Why did I read this as split balls? ^^;
Well I guess we could split those too, but I'm not sure how that helps our pickle situation.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:11 AM

dang i guess splitting bills are a problem here too? we used to have that problem in the audi group but we elimited that by sticking with a close group that are ok with splitting it equally and not invite those who skimp the bill. haha

we had an incident one time that this one guy didnt only not pay but took money from the pot. i took care of that in front of many people haha.

my thing about group dinners, i myself i dont care paying extra $$ even if i only eat $5 worth... it's all for good times and the company. so the thing is if you think that you are going with big group, make sure to divide the group into who wants to pay individually or as a goup so there will be no problems later... oh and make sure you order the most expensive one so when the bill comes, you wont regret paying.

imagine a 10 people dinner at McNamara's for $1400.... i made sure we divided that equally.... doesnt matter who drank wine or not haha.

just my $0.02
Old 03-01-2007, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by beanolo,Mar 1 2007, 11:01 AM
Well I guess we could split those too, but I'm not sure how that helps our pickle situation.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:43 PM

bummer to see the dinner meet got messy at the end again

either way, missed hanging out with everyone :/

I think the "split into multiple bills" idea would be a better idea.
I myself don't drink, and typically just order water, I have to say I would have been a little upset too to pay an extra $15 for my meal to cover someone else beer/wine/whatever.

But, I also agree with those who said situations like these typically lead to smaller group dinners. Maybe just do the family style dining in the future, and people take care of their alcohol portions pre-bill splitting

Old 03-01-2007, 02:12 PM

Well here is my opinion. May be we can try this next time.

Decide the collector (1 person) in charge for collecting money from each. Individuals will calculate their total (food and drinks) + tax (8.25%) without tips. Pay the total amount to the collector. After collecting all the money from everyone, collector will add the total amount and figure out how much the tip will be. Then the collector will divide that amount of the tip equally with the number of people so the tip will be paid by everyone equally. This way people won't pay more/less than what they eat and the tips will be equal.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:21 PM

hiro-kun wa totemo kashikoii da to omou~
Old 03-01-2007, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by minako,Mar 1 2007, 03:21 PM
hiro-kun wa totemo kashikoii da to omou~
Hahahahaha do-mo do-mo
Old 03-01-2007, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by macr88,Mar 1 2007, 08:54 AM
I really enjoy it when we have those drinking dinners and I don't drink. I just chalk it up as entertainment hahaha.

I agree with you Fred and everyone else but I figure it's more of a pain in the a.
Yes, I agree it's a pain in a A if we have to split it up by what we ordered, but I think we are all educated on how much to to pay. Had I known that we were going to split it up equally then I would have ordered some food for my family 'to go.' I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea?

Easiest way to deal with this is this:
Everyone pay in their portion of what they order plus the tax (8.25%?? -depending on county) and then usually if its a party of 6 or more, restaurants will add the tip in. Then lets say we have 8 people and they charge $20.00 in gratuity, then divide that amount by the number of people. AND if you can't do the math then I'm sure the person right next to you have a calculator on their phone.

However, if it is straight up family style dining, then we divide the bill evenly and then plus the drink(s) that each person order. I agree with what Hiro-son wrote above.

And again, Sandy is right. It's not about the money but more about the principal. Many of you guys know I'm pretty generous. Not that I'm bragging or saying I'm a baller, but do help out others when needed. There has been several times where I paid more than others but I just keep it to myself. For instance the last bowling outing, I used my credit card for open tab.

And thanks for everyone's .02.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:06 PM

Plus I like to mention that Anish end up paying over $30+ for his dish and tap water.

Quick Reply: Cheesecake Factory Dinner-Pleasanton