California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Cheesecake Factory Dinner-Pleasanton

Old 02-28-2007, 09:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianQing,Mar 1 2007, 03:33 AM
Damn it..is everyone on Asiantime tonight? Bastards!!!!!
I'm on Indian time.. it runs even later.

Good food (unless your name is Richard ), good times... and none of us ordered any cheese cake!? haha.. that was the first time I've been to the factory and not had any.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

meh
Old 02-28-2007, 09:34 PM

totally food was average but i still payed up

but great laughs with you guys i glad i came out to hang out

der

MANGO SAUCE
Old 02-28-2007, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just came home...
Old 03-01-2007, 05:55 AM

Good times again last night. I like to thank everyone who came out. Yes, I agree the food was average to below average and it was pretty cold outside.

Anyhow, something I like to mention in future dinner paying etiquette:

Most of you guys know me and I ain't anal about paying my portion of the bill, but I think last night was totally unfair for a majority of people. I know many of you guys were pretty upset paying the total bill proportionately equally. I won't mention any names, but for instance: Amy and I ordered 2 plates for a total $25.00 (before tax), no alcohol or drinks ordered...just straight up tap water for our drinks.

I figure with tax and tip, we probably throw in ~$35.00 for our portion, but instead everyone paid $27.00 per person.

I think in future dinner meets, that everyone pays for their own portion for what they order, unless we eat family style (i.e. Chinese or Korean BBQ). I felt bad for some people last night as they ordered no drinks and only a dish that was only~$10 and had to pick up the tab for people that ordered $20+ plates plus drink(s).

I think we need to make this clear with everyone. Please write any comments or opinions. And again, you guys know I'm not anal about money, but do prefer to pay for what I order AND I'm sure this applies for everyone.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by AsianQing,Mar 1 2007, 06:55 AM
Good times again last night. I like to thank everyone who came out. Yes, I agree the food was average to below average and it was pretty cold outside.

Anyhow, something I like to mention in future dinner paying etiquette:

Most of you guys know me and I ain't anal about paying my portion of the bill, but I think last night was totally unfair for a majority of people. I know many of you guys were pretty upset paying the total bill proportionately equally. I won't mention any names, but for instance: Amy and I ordered 2 plates for a total $25.00 (before tax), no alcohol or drinks ordered...just straight up tap water for our drinks.

I figure with tax and tip, we probably throw in ~$35.00 for our portion, but instead everyone paid $27.00 per person.

I think in future dinner meets, that everyone pays for their own portion for what they order, unless we eat family style (i.e. Chinese or Korean BBQ). I felt bad for some people last night as they ordered no drinks and only a dish that was only~$10 and had to pick up the tab for people that ordered $20+ plates plus drink(s).

I think we need to make this clear with everyone. Please write any comments or opinions. And again, you guys know I'm not anal about money, but do prefer to pay for what I order AND I'm sure this applies for everyone.

Split bills from now on as it seems like its a recurring issue each dinner meet.

Thanks for setting it up tho and it was good to see everyone
Old 03-01-2007, 07:42 AM

2 Groups: divided by highest level of math education...
Old 03-01-2007, 07:54 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I really enjoy it when we have those drinking dinners and I don't drink. I just chalk it up as entertainment hahaha.

I agree with you Fred and everyone else but I figure it's more of a pain in the a.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:16 AM

I agree with Fred(it's more principal then $) and I also understand what Andrew is talking about.(back in motorcycle days, that happened when we had breakfast every Sunday).

Split the bill to couple/serveral bills is good way to eliminate the problem. Or I think when there is alcohol invloved, people who drink should pay their drink portion plus couple dollars for tax/tip first. Then we can divide the balance equally. Yes, some one might end up paying few extra dollars but it won't be that bad. While some people don't mind pay a bit extra, some people just can't do it because financial issue. Take Fred's case, he basicly paid $10 extra,($20 included Amy) I can't speak for him but if it's less than $5, he probably won't mind. And for people don't have extra money, $10 is a lot. The person could have buy another meal for him/her self with that money.

We definitely can't discriminate anyone from our dinner gethering just because they can't pay for someone else's meals.

This is just my $0.02
Old 03-01-2007, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by beanolo,Mar 1 2007, 08:27 AM
Split bills from now on as it seems like its a recurring issue each dinner meet.
Why did I read this as spit balls? ^^;

Quick Reply: Cheesecake Factory Dinner-Pleasanton