California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

cheapest/bset car rental in bay area

Old 09-08-2006, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheapest/bset car rental in bay area

I was rear ended today while driving on the freeway and it sent my car into another car . Long story short, the driver side fender area is a bit dinged up and it probalby isn't the best idea to drive it since everytime i turn it seems to hit the plastic inside the wheel liner and results in a rubbing sound with the tire (or maybe i should try to remove the plastic wheel liner thing [kind of a car idiot when it comes to these things]). Anyways, back on topic, since it is a Friday night, an insurance agent won't be able to check out my car till the next business. I assume i should have free rental since i have full coverage with AAA? However, in case I don't get free car rental, what would be my best route to go with for a car rental company? Only place i can think of is Hertz. Also, what are the odds of I being at fault too since i rear ended the guy in front of me because a truck rear ended me (this was on the freeway, stop and go traffic and I was at a complete stop like the car in front of me). The poliec officer mentioned how i shouldn't be at fault too and it should be teh guy that rear ended me since i was at a stand still on the freeway along with the car in front of me until i got rear ended. But you know how these things can turn out once an insurance claim agent gets involved. Not sure if anything I just posted makes any sense since i'm kind of in a bad mood right now after taking one in the ass
Old 09-08-2006, 07:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

aww green tea!!! you got in an accident with your AP2???? sorry to hear that.
i've been in a situation like this before. an acura TL rear ended my miata (and being the weightless cars they are) i was nudged forward into the civic in front of me and i slid under her bumper. anyway, i managed to be at a full stop when this happend so no blame fell on me. insurance covered my damages, for front and back. but they didnt give me a rental car until my car was in the shop being fixed. i have full coverage too.
sorry to hear about your accident.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:33 PM

First of all, did you get a police report? If it states on there that you were completely stopped, you'll have a better chance of AAA not finding you at fault.

Second, AAA will cover your car rental but only up to a certain amount. Even with full coverage it's something ridiculous, like $35 a day. So you'll probably be limited to something along the lines of a bare bones Dodge Neon or something. If possible, don't even go the rental car route. Borrow a car from someone. After all, if you've got full coverage with AAA, you're insured in whatever car you drive anyway.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:42 PM

well...i would hold off on renting a car until the adjuster looks at it...what happens is...

1. adjuster looks the car
2. adjuster sends some sort of rental cert to rental place they have a contract with
3. you pick up car..

now im pretty sure they will write you a check if you got a rental car on your own but for a certain $$$ amount per day for so many days

BUT they probably will not pay for it if your rental car if your car is still in drivable condition.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was almost rear ended by an e46 red sedan on 101N this morning. Lady got pretty darn close and i saw the fedex truck behind her swerve into the emergency lane and heard her tires screech to a stop.

Anyways, rental is covered depending if you bought that coverage on your insurance. I think most insurance covers a maximum of like $50 a day. If you feel the car isn't safe or ok to drive and you need a car this weekend, just get a rental. If you don't think you'll need one this weekend, then wait till the adjuster comes out on Monday and then decide if you want a rental or not.

Check hertz, enterprise, budget, thrifty, payless, alamo, avi, dollar rent a car.

I've used budget before and they're pretty cheap. I got a rental not too long ago for a trip to reno and it was like $60 bucks total for a friday noon pick up and monday noon return.

Enterprise is kinda ehhh.. I heard thrifty, payless, and dollar rent a car is pretty inexpensive.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:13 AM

Ah, thanks for the info. Damn, i did not get a police report, the police officer just mentioned how we should all exchange info and he just left after that (go figure). Anyways, i was at a complete stop with the guy in front of me so i assume i should be fine.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you should be fine... i didnt have a police report. i had no witnesses, i just explained it to the insurance company really well...