California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Is Charles aka dirtykoala in this video?

Old 08-30-2012, 11:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no, his s! i drove next to him but he didn't look over
Old 08-31-2012, 12:44 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tkeyyy
no, his s! i drove next to him but he didn't look over
Oh wow ok. I think I saw him after the s was sold in milpitas at a friends house.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah that's him I recognize the mole on his right cheek. I bumped into him about 5 months ago in Mountain View and saw his nice truck
Old 08-31-2012, 08:32 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The man himself:

Old 08-31-2012, 08:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

strapped, in the burbs, in a shopping center, in front of starbucks?
Old 08-31-2012, 12:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by eklipz98' timestamp='1346394801' post='21978235
[quote name='andrewhake' timestamp='1346394129' post='21978213']
What is the point of this firearm circle jerk? It is basically just a guaranteed way to have to the police come up to you and ask, "the f@#k are you guys doing?" I don't think the officer was concerned about the guns at all, just wanted to make sure there wasn't too much gerkin jerkin going on.
All I know is that Charles is a great guy.
I am sure he is. But it seems like the only point of this event is to have to police come up and ask, "the f@#k you guys doing sitting in a circle in the suburbs with guns?" These guys should try this sometime in a place where those guns might actually be needed for protection. The police won't walk up and ask, "the f@#k you doing?" they will walk up and say, "try to end this tea party before 8pm or you are probably going to get f@#king shot."
[/quote]

How do you know where a gun will be needed?

Certainly no one thinks a gun would be needed in front of a school; but that's exactly where one saved a life:

http://www.woai.com/mostpopular/stor...rbElEBOTQ.cspx

The point of these "gun toting circle jerks" is multi-folded. One to show the public guns shouldn't be feared; only crazy people should be. But crazy people can have knives, bombs, bows, cars, whatever to do their damage, guns shouldn't be the fear. The other part, is to show the police/gov't that there's a clear difference between those who only want to use their weapons as peacemakers, and those who are aggressors. Demonstrating that it's not only the lawless that are armed, is key to us keeping our rights out of grasp of overbearing legislators. I used to want to make fun of these people; now I want to shake their hand. But even if you want to ignore all that; they simply have the right to do it. I'm more than willing to bet there have been people who wonder what the point of our s2000 circle jerks are

Also, that was a highly commendable job that officer did. Maintaining public safety while not impeding on rights, and treating them with respect
Old 08-31-2012, 01:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whiteflash
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1346396213' post='21978260
[quote name='eklipz98' timestamp='1346394801' post='21978235']
[quote name='andrewhake' timestamp='1346394129' post='21978213']
What is the point of this firearm circle jerk? It is basically just a guaranteed way to have to the police come up to you and ask, "the f@#k are you guys doing?" I don't think the officer was concerned about the guns at all, just wanted to make sure there wasn't too much gerkin jerkin going on.
All I know is that Charles is a great guy.
I am sure he is. But it seems like the only point of this event is to have to police come up and ask, "the f@#k you guys doing sitting in a circle in the suburbs with guns?" These guys should try this sometime in a place where those guns might actually be needed for protection. The police won't walk up and ask, "the f@#k you doing?" they will walk up and say, "try to end this tea party before 8pm or you are probably going to get f@#king shot."
[/quote]

How do you know where a gun will be needed?

Certainly no one thinks a gun would be needed in front of a school; but that's exactly where one saved a life:

http://www.woai.com/...yrbElEBOTQ.cspx

The point of these "gun toting circle jerks" is multi-folded. One to show the public guns shouldn't be feared; only crazy people should be. But crazy people can have knives, bombs, bows, cars, whatever to do their damage. The other part, is to show the police/gov't that there's a clear difference between those who only want to use their weapons as peacemakers, and those who are aggressors. Demonstrating that it's not only the lawless that are armed, is key to us keeping our rights out of grasp of overbearing legislators. I used to want to make fun of these people; now I want to shake their hand. But even if you want to ignore all that; they simply have the right to do it. I'm more than willing to bet there have been people who wonder what the point of our s2000 circle jerks are

Also, that was a highly commendable job that officer did. Maintaining public safety while not impeding on rights, and treating them with respect
[/quote]

in bold
Old 08-31-2012, 02:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteflash
Old 02-14-2013, 08:55 PM

The main reason we carried in places like Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Milpitas, Walnut Creek... was because thats where forum members were, and we wanted forum members to be comfortable carrying their guns in their home towns. It's a lot easier to go through a police encounter with a few other people there to make sure no one oversteps any boundaries.

Like most things, the media blew it way out of proportion, and it got pretty stupid after a while. I carried daily for a long time and was hassled maybe 5 times by cops. The only time i was harassed while solo the cops screwed up horribly and after filing a FOIA i learned that they were actively trying to charge me with something while knowing they had nothing to charge me with. The cops are pretty damn malicious.

In any case though, it was a right, and a right not exercised is a right lost. Now we have no right to open or concealed carry in most places in CA, which pretty much means we have no 2nd amendment anymore. Thats what people should be concerned about- how did politicians vote away an inalienable right?

Anyway, how have you 2Kers been????

Its been a rough road recently, and I really miss my S! I think I still have an AP2 ashtray that I will give to anyone that wants it.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 PM

my truck is alright though

Quick Reply: Is Charles aka dirtykoala in this video?