California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Car Alarm & Installer Recommendation

Old 05-04-2011, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjajwl
Are Viper, Python, and Clifford car alarms essentially all the same with just aesthetic differences?
Clifford and Viper are under the same company
Old 05-04-2011, 04:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

After running into some issues with my old alarm, I took my car to All Pro Audio to have it replaced. Jim is a great guy

Originally Posted by na3j nitsuj
I have both prox and remote start and back up battery for my alarm.
I don't think that remote start is all that worth it unless you live somewhere that gets pretty cold.
For remote start to work there's a sequence you have to do everytime before shutting the car off that includes leaving that car in neutral and with the e-brake up.

I got my alarm installed by all pro audio in San Jose off stevens creek.

You can call or go there and talk to Jim. Let him know that Justin (me) recommended them to you. He'll make sure that you'll be happy with your alarm install.
Always remember that with everything you purchase " you get what you pay for"
You don't want shops to install your alarm system the wrong way.
Jim will make sure your alarm system will be installed properly.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by ninjajwl
Are Viper, Python, and Clifford car alarms essentially all the same with just aesthetic differences?
Pretty sure they are all under the same company.

Placement of the proximity alarm is going to be key, although you can adjust the sensitivity. As for deterring people from slashing your top, you are better off with getting full insurance coverage.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:20 AM

how much is it going to around ???
Old 05-05-2011, 11:47 AM

here is my question i got my OEM factory alarm,
would it be complicated or even impossible to install the other manufactures alarm unless i go to Honda and ask them to disable the OEM alarm for me??
people generally say Clifford and Viper are way better than OEM
THZ
Old 05-05-2011, 07:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Actually this is an interesting thread. I've had past experience with shops that always install alarms exactly the same so theives know where to look to disable key components. The best would be someone on here who knows how to do the installs to come out and help you DIY. add kills in and definitely back up batteries for the alarm in case they cut your battery ....Anyone on here have that skill set?
Old 05-05-2011, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Fujin
Actually this is an interesting thread. I've had past experience with shops that always install alarms exactly the same so theives know where to look to disable key components. The best would be someone on here who knows how to do the installs to come out and help you DIY. add kills in and definitely back up batteries for the alarm in case they cut your battery ....Anyone on here have that skill set?
That is why I have a back up battery installed just for my alarm to work if they ever cut the wires to the battery.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by na3j nitsuj
Originally Posted by Fujin' timestamp='1304652356' post='20544815
That is why I have a back up battery installed just for my alarm to work if they ever cut the wires to the battery.
Exactly!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Fujin

I'm no pro, but I have installed two on friends cars. A lot of work I have seen from shops involves crimps and but connectors. Those make me uncomfortable. (Re soldering the one I removed tomorrow)

Anyone with basic electronics knowledge and some diagrams should be good. It is just time consuming. I learned most from stripping out my first alarm back in the day.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:29 PM

Did you guys buy the alarm from Jim@Pro Audio? I got a quote from Jim, and his price on the alarm is way more from I found online. Did you buy the alarm and bring over there for install or you brought from Pro Audio?

Quick Reply: Car Alarm & Installer Recommendation