California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

California: Police Raid Car Enthusiast Gathering

Old 04-04-2008, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first off you guys live in cali, that's typical learn to deal with it
secondly what you guys don't understand is there's multiple departments within a sheriff's office or police department. You've got cops that do all the crime calls, then you have cops that do all the tickets. There's obviously more divisions in a department but I'm not going to go through them. I've lived in orange county my whole life and you learn to deal with the ticket writers, it's that simple.

ps, since you guys can't protect yourselves in cali without fear of lawsuits, what / who are you going to call when you have a problem? Will they still be "PIGS" then when they're helping you?
Old 04-04-2008, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by paul walker,Apr 4 2008, 07:26 AM
secondly what you guys don't understand is there's multiple departments within a sheriff's office or police department. You've got cops that do all the crime calls, then you have cops that do all the tickets. There's obviously more divisions in a department but I'm not going to go through them. I've lived in orange county my whole life and you learn to deal with the ticket writers, it's that simple.

ps, since you guys can't protect yourselves in cali without fear of lawsuits, what / who are you going to call when you have a problem? Will they still be "PIGS" then when they're helping you?
I totally agree. They are just doing what they are paid to do. You break the law, they need to enforce.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by paul walker,Apr 4 2008, 08:26 AM

This wasn't just the "ticket writing" department. You really think that department is that big. They took cops away from other departments including community colleges (WTF are they there for) for this "raid" of car enthusiasts to write tickets for tint and no front plates. Come on. Learn to deal with it, sure, but that still doesn't make it right.

I don't live in fear of a lawsuit if I need to protect myself. Remember, don't leave them still breathing.

Cops are pigs when they pull this stuff. That doesn't mean they are always pigs. Just like not all cops are bad.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by S2000PILOT,Apr 4 2008, 09:06 AM
I totally agree. They are just doing what they are paid to do. You break the law, they need to enforce.
So you think you should be given a ticket for going 1 mph over the limit. I don't think if you got a ticket for that you would be like "they are just doing their job". I don't see cops going to Stanford Shopping center giving no front plate and tint tickets to every BMW/MB/Lexus... in there.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:21 AM

But I thought cops cant give you tickits if you car is not running or anything?

Lets say you drive to the mall park your car and come back and get a tickit for no front plate?

Old 04-04-2008, 08:25 AM

Also this is BS! No one was doing anything wrong, all they were doing was "swap stories, talk about their passion for cars and show off the latest enhancements to their rides." They wernt "street racing" you dont see them going to Corvette gatherings and asking them Why would you want more power going to your car?"
so bullshiet!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That report was really biased. As an easy example, it included a quote from a cop at a different incident a year ago that made the police look bad. Maybe things didn't go down exactly the way you are assuming based on reading this one article.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2krey,Apr 4 2008, 08:25 AM
They wernt "street racing" you dont see them going to Corvette gatherings and asking them Why would you want more power going to your car?"
so bullshiet!!!
Yeah, that's the quoted statement that was not made by a cop during this event. See how the reporter got you all pissed off at the police?
Old 04-04-2008, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by s2krey,Apr 4 2008, 09:21 AM

Lets say you drive to the mall park your car and come back and get a tickit for no front plate?
They can always wait... because they got nothing else to do!!! Once you get in the car start driving, they can stop you for no plate/tinted windows!!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by s2krey,Apr 4 2008, 09:21 AM

Yes they can.

Quick Reply: California: Police Raid Car Enthusiast Gathering