California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Bodyshop recommendation

Old 11-24-2004 | 04:45 PM

Default Bodyshop recommendation

I was driving my 2003 Silverstone S2K in Northern Arizona earlier this week and unfortunately encountered an early winter snowstorm. Long story short, my car lost its grip, spun and contacted the freeway guard rail. (driving this car in the snow seemed like maneuvering a wet bar of soap on a mirror)

Damage appears to be limited to the front bumper cover, which is gouged and scraped down to the black plastic underneath the paint.

I need to get the bumper cover repaired or replaced. Can anyone recommend a good local bodyshop in San Francisco/local Bay Area? I am concerned about getting the paint matched as closely as possible, and I've heard that this can be difficult on the metallic colors. I'd opt for repainting the existing cover, but the gouges are fairly deep into the black plastic, so I'm figuring on a new bumper cover.

Also, if anyone's priced a new front bumper, what can I expect? I have a high deductible on my insurance, so I may pay for this myself if less than $1K. Otherwise, State Farm can take care of it.

Thanks in advance!

Dan
Old 11-25-2004 | 02:08 AM

i had my hardtop painted from red to silverstone by Active Auto Body in mtn. view. they did a great job matching the paint.

i get compliments all the time from my friends that saw the top as red and cant believe how great it looks.
Old 11-25-2004 | 03:20 PM

Shawn at active auto body will take care of you and I know it. Because I recommended him to allot of people. The shop is in Mountain View, tell him that Moses sent you and hill know what to do. He gives good prices too better than other people. I try it help him get more people to go there because he worked on my car and gave me a good deal. Plus he also worked on my other friends cars for a good deal so I wanted to help him get more people to take there cars there to be worked on. When he works on you car he works on you can him self. He dos have other people there to work on it but he dos allot of the work him self. I got the number any everything if you ever need it, just let me know.
Old 11-25-2004 | 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Moezs2k,Nov 25 2004, 04:20 PM
Shawn at active auto body will take care of you and I know it. Because I recommended him to allot of people. The shop is in Mountain View, tell him that Moses sent you and hill know what to do. He gives good prices too better than other people. I try it help him get more people to go there because he worked on my car and gave me a good deal. Plus he also worked on my other friends cars for a good deal so I wanted to help him get more people to take there cars there to be worked on. When he works on you car he works on you can him self. He dos have other people there to work on it but he dos allot of the work him self. I got the number any everything if you ever need it, just let me know.
I agree. He does great work. He fixed and painted my Mugen front bumper..I am going back to him tomorrow to start working on painting my BYS spoiler for my new trunk.