California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

body shop recommendations

Old 12-15-2011, 09:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 19wrath85
where did you hav yours istalled kaan
I installed it myself. My body shop only painted it therefore my body kit didn't require any bodywork
Old 12-15-2011, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If u want it cheap and Fast, it won't be good
If u want it fast and good, it won't be cheap
If u want it cheap and good, it won't be fast

Take your pick... Lol
Good luck on fitment issue.. The shops I know which is willing to do fitment on aftermarket parts charges an insane amount... It's ridiculous to the point where it cost similar to authentic parts or good quality replicas..

Cheap Replica asm bumper - $125
Fitment and paint - $550

Vis good quality asm rep bumper $250
Paint only $225 (no fitment mods required)
Old 12-15-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by na3j nitsuj
Originally Posted by 19wrath85' timestamp='1323945386' post='21238956
[quote name='na3j nitsuj' timestamp='1323943249' post='21238934']
[quote name='19wrath85' timestamp='1323942034' post='21238917']
cool, i got all the pieces needing paint, if he'll do it i would like to get the doors and quarter panals done also that way the whole car looks fresh
I so wish I can get my car repainted again...at least my bumper and driver side quarter panel...
i thought you just recently had those painted?
[/quote]
Not too happy with the work. Plus I also want new fenders and maybe over fenders. But it doesn't have to happen now. Maybe next year.
[/quote]

got ya, i just happen to come across a full asm rep kit for cheap, i test fitted the front bumper and fenders and they arent bad at all, the rear bumper looks even better on fitment so it shouldnt be to hard to install.

Originally Posted by iDashX
PM'ed you the info. make sure you ask for Phil and say tom sent you.
Hey thanks, i'll definetly hit him up as soon as the new engine is in the s

Originally Posted by kaansahbaz
Originally Posted by 19wrath85' timestamp='1323940799' post='21238902
where did you hav yours istalled kaan
I installed it myself. My body shop only painted it therefore my body kit didn't require any bodywork
wanna do mine? lol

Originally Posted by S2KVee
If u want it cheap and Fast, it won't be good
If u want it fast and good, it won't be cheap
If u want it cheap and good, it won't be fast

Take your pick... Lol
Good luck on fitment issue.. The shops I know which is willing to do fitment on aftermarket parts charges an insane amount... It's ridiculous to the point where it cost similar to authentic parts or good quality replicas..

Cheap Replica asm bumper - $125
Fitment and paint - $550

Vis good quality asm rep bumper $250
Paint only $225 (no fitment mods required)
seeing as i already have the kit and not worried about time leads me to believe i want a good quality job, guess i'll go with the cheap and good, it wont be fast option
Old 12-15-2011, 12:09 PM

What kind of kit did you get if you don't mind me asking?
Old 12-15-2011, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by 19wrath85

wanna do mine? lol
Well mine fit like glove without any modification, i installed it and it fit like oem, if yours like that too then i can help but i doubt.
and what you pay is what you get
Old 12-15-2011, 04:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well mine fit like glove without any modification, i installed it and it fit like oem, if yours like that too then i can help but i doubt.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by iDashX
i'll ask my boy phil if he'll do it for you. he did some work on Mizh. And hes about to do mines when all the pieces arrive.

Yeah, iDashX's friend Phil is great and they do great work as well. Very accommodating and professional at the same time.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Hanzel28
What kind of kit did you get if you don't mind me asking?
full asm

Originally Posted by 19wrath85' timestamp='1323979692' post='21240267

wanna do mine? lol
yeah i know mines not gnna fit like a glove cause its a replica kit but when i test fitted the pieces it really didnt look to far off a great fitting kit, might need some minor modding but i dont think it will be to bad

Originally Posted by Mizh
Originally Posted by iDashX' timestamp='1323941246' post='21238908
i'll ask my boy phil if he'll do it for you. he did some work on Mizh. And hes about to do mines when all the pieces arrive.

Yeah, iDashX's friend Phil is great and they do great work as well. Very accommodating and professional at the same time.
good to know, i will definetly give him a call, any idea or estimate on what i might end up spending for paint and install?
Old 12-16-2011, 12:51 AM

depends on many many many factors.

major 3 major factors.and several small factors

1. quality of the material (how many pin hole, how wavy the fiberglass is (it bumps up the prep time)
2. fitmet on the bpdy kit and necessery modifications. your body kit might require 10 hours of fiberglass work time or 40 hours of work time while pieces are getting put together.
3. how many pieces are getting painted. if only 4-5 pieces or, whole car , and also if you want door jams, under the hood, under the trunk

after these major factors then

1. brand and quality of the paint
2. color you pick, how many stage shoot
3. brand and price of the clear coat. and i think this is one of the most important part of the paint job

let me tell you this, your car is lets say 10 years old, and paint is 10 years old, apparently your paint (especially black) fades a lot faster then many other colors, if you just get the new parts fitted and painted, color will not match what so ever.

so here is my quote for you, lets assume your fitment is bad and you want a just okay fitment so lets assume he needs to spend at least 15 hours of fiberglass add on,sanding, and correction for the full kit. and whole car is getting painted to black and only outside. it wont be cheaper then $3000 at a bodyshop

if you want to get it done at some guys garage maybe $2000
cheapest! and boy I hope you will find any cheaper. like I said, cheapest body shops are on craigslist. what ever people are referring here are gonna be 4K+ (door jams not included) in my opinion. I did lots of research while my car was getting painted and mine didnt require much more (no work at all) to be honest. I gave them the pieces and they prepped it like oem, painted like OEM. it didnt get painted on the car or body shop didnt install or did any modification on the body parts either.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:58 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

depends on many many many factors.major 3 major factors.and several small factors1. quality of the material (how many pin hole, how wavy the fiberglass is (it bumps up the prep time)2. fitmet on the bpdy kit and necessery modifications. your body kit might require 10 hours of fiberglass work time or 40 hours of work time while pieces are getting put together.3. how many pieces are getting painted. if only 4-5 pieces or, whole car , and also if you want door jams, under the hood, under the trunkafter these major factors then1. brand and quality of the paint2. color you pick, how many stage shoot3. brand and price of the clear coat. and i think this is one of the most important part of the paint joblet me tell you this, your car is lets say 10 years old, and paint is 10 years old, apparently your paint (especially black) fades a lot faster then many other colors, if you just get the new parts fitted and painted, color will not match what so ever. so here is my quote for you, lets assume your fitment is bad and you want a just okay fitment so lets assume he needs to spend at least 15 hours of fiberglass add on,sanding, and correction for the full kit. and whole car is getting painted to black and only outside. it wont be cheaper then $3000 at a bodyshopif you want to get it done at some guys garage maybe $2000cheapest! and boy I hope you will find any cheaper. like I said, cheapest body shops are on craigslist. what ever people are referring here are gonna be 4K+ (door jams not included) in my opinion. I did lots of research while my car was getting painted and mine didnt require much more (no work at all) to be honest. I gave them the pieces and they prepped it like oem, painted like OEM. it didnt get painted on the car or body shop didnt install or did any modification on the body parts either.
I'm confused what was your out the door cost for the paint work, or prep work?
I understand that you did your own fitment, and install, so that's "free"!

Quick Reply: body shop recommendations