California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

BMW BIKE vs. My s2k :(

Old 01-01-2015, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW BIKE vs. My s2k :(

Was photo shooting in Treasure island with jznsn2u when some BMW biker came and slammed into my car!!

Fully covered, and he was at fault with plenty of witnesses, but no fun...

Need a recommend on a body shop! Touge told me of a guy in WC

Old 01-01-2015, 01:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn man that sucks
Old 01-01-2015, 02:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man that's gonna be a tough color to match. Touges car came out amazing. Make sure you or your insurance fights for every penny. Good luck!
Old 01-01-2015, 03:03 AM

Shit, sorry to hear that... New year, too. Were you moving or did he hit a parked car? (anything's possible these days)
Hope you're ok, physically.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ouch that's a smack! Damn biker.
I believe Touges car was repaired at Parker robb body WC....
Old 01-01-2015, 09:55 AM

I have a 8 ounce bottle of the paint that i have for touch up so, that should work for a shop right??

The incident

Was out on Treasure Island, getting some photos taken of the car by @jznsn2u (I think he's on here & Instagram)

After we shot for a couple hours we drove to another spot. Pulled into a parking lot and then stopped. He put something in his car and got back in mine. My brother was behind me in his car and I told him we were gonna turn around.

So i pulled right, broke 90, almost all around when I heard a super high scooter noise and then BAM. At first I though my brother hit me I was like WTF did he just do?! Hahaha.

But no. He saw everything. I guess a guy on a BMW motorcycle was flying in the parking lot and skid for 30-40 feet (cops mapped it out) and then he just hit me and went over the car and bars.

No Bueno

BUT WAIT.. gets better!

Spent 6 hours waiting for 4 different tow truck companies to drive all the way out (Their ETA's were 90 mins each) and then they called to cancel! So we didn't get picked up till 10:30pm when the accident happened at 5:00pm.

Going to a body shop Friday (Maybe Parker Robb? Maybe somewhere closer for an estimate. I need someone that can do well with paint & sourcing out my overfender/te37), and hopefully I get a rental reimbursement. I'm fully covered but he was at fault. So we shall see!
Old 01-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yikes! go to Caseys auto body in brentwood they did a great job on my car.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:08 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would get multiple quotes but don't submit to insurance until you find the quote you like the most. That's what I did.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Dreams Auto Collision in Pinole. I was recommended by a friend of mine who was part of team showcase back when car show teams were bigger. The did work on his Toyota Celica show car and his Evo 9. When i had an accident in my older car 06 BMW 330i. The owner Rickey went out of his way to make sure only OEM parts were used on the car. He also filled in rock chips and fixed any pain blemished that were on the front end of the car. When my car was finished and out of the shop i was out of town for work and Rickey himself delivered the car to my house. Here is their yelp page every review is 5 our of 5.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dreams-auto-...-center-pinole
Old 01-01-2015, 09:57 PM

Sounds good. Thanks guys. I think I'm going to a few shops. Have a guy in Concord at All American Auto & Resto that talked to me for 20 mins today. 45 years doing custom jobs. Super for the cause, and loves to work insurance companies. So we'll see, I'll definitely get a few quotes. but I think he might be the one to go with.

Quick Reply: BMW BIKE vs. My s2k :(