California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Black S2k Rear ends Limo: FAIL

Old 09-09-2010, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black S2k Rear ends Limo: FAIL

Sorry to be such an ass, but I am always upset that some S drivers are just too reckless sometimes, wasting such a wonderful car by putting the car and others in the path of avoidable accidents. I am also amazed at some of the idiot drivers on the highways as I commute my 100+ miles a day. Today today the two came together as a black S was spiritedly driving through heavy traffic, seemingly chasing another car on 280 NB into the city. I didn't think much of it until a minute or two later, the fast lane suddenly came to an abrupt halt on the elevated portion of 280 near Cesar Chavez. As we passed by, a formerly nice black S was sandwiched between a limo in front and a 3 series BMW in back. The front end of the S had major damage (guess its gonna be a god reason to get a carbon fiber hood ) but the back end looked mostly unscathed.

Given how slow moving limos are, how the heck does this happen. Obviously someone was not paying attention. I didn't see which person standing around was the driver but I can pretty much guess he was the young defiant looking one. Perhaps it was just shock that he and his car were not in fact indestructible.

Hopefully lesson learned as no one seemed to be injured.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All drivers of all car makes drive recklessly, not just S drivers. What upsets me is seeing a SUV or Minivan full of kids racing down the freeway.

Don't know about your experience with limo drivers, but some of them definitely drive fast and agressively. Since there was a BMW also involved in the accident, it caught at least two drivers off guard.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Sep 9 2010, 10:05 AM
All drivers of all car makes drive recklessly, not just S drivers. What upsets me is seeing a SUV or Minivan full of kids racing down the freeway.

Don't know about your experience with limo drivers, but some of them definitely drive fast and agressively. Since there was a BMW also involved in the accident, it caught at least two drivers off guard.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, let's face it, there are just a lot of bad drivers on the road period. I have definitely noticed a correlation with cell phones too. Most of the time when I pass someone who I was wondering, "WTF is this guy DOING?" (driving way under the speed limit, drifting out of his lane, etc.), it turns out he is holding a cell phone up to his ear.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by obsess2k'ed,Sep 9 2010, 11:01 AM
Yeah, let's face it, there are just a lot of bad drivers on the road period. I have definitely noticed a correlation with cell phones too. Most of the time when I pass someone who I was wondering, "WTF is this guy DOING?" (driving way under the speed limit, drifting out of his lane, etc.), it turns out he is holding a cell phone up to his ear.
omg i can't believe how many times i've seen that and i just want to smack them upside the head!!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by obsess2k'ed,Sep 9 2010, 11:01 AM

Whenever I'm a passenger and the driver on the other car is on his/her cell, I just stare at them until they notice me. hehehe!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by na3j nitsuj,Sep 9 2010, 12:32 PM

Whenever I'm a passenger and the driver on the other car is on his/her cell, I just stare at them until they notice me. hehehe!
You don't honk your horn and tell them to do push ups?
Old 09-09-2010, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by na3j nitsuj,Sep 9 2010, 12:32 PM

Haha! Nice. After they see you, it would be a good touch to do the loser L-symbol thingy with your hand on your forehead and then pretend your hand is a phone and make a hanging up motion.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:43 PM

I actually was also in that backup. I wasnt able to see the driver of the S2 but the front had some heavy damage.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by na3j nitsuj,Sep 9 2010, 11:32 AM

Taking your eyes off the road?

/sarcasm

Quick Reply: Black S2k Rear ends Limo: FAIL