California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Bicycle hits pedestrian and kills pedestrian.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:18 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bicycle hits pedestrian and kills pedestrian.

Sounds like the bike blew through a yellow light in a crowded area. Struck and killed an elderly pedestrian. If he entered the intersection during the yellow I guess he has the right away ?

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...rancisco-dies/
Old 04-05-2012, 09:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My friend who worked at UCSF last year got ran over by a bicyclist which she required stitches. Some pedestrian helped her get to the hospital but was able to get out the same day. That was on Irving street too. Biker was reckless and speeding! He for sure had to pay for her injuries.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

'bicyclists have to follow the same rules of the road like any other motorists do'

i agree. i'm not being biased, but why are they stating that the cyclist ran a red and hit the lady? it makes sense since the elderly lady couldn't have crossed the WHOLE intersection without the right of way, right?
Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The news said he was a grand father waiting for his grand son to be born and the wife best friend News also said after the light turned green for him, he waited a sec before crossing like always to be safe and the wife went 1st. Then the biker ran him over right behind his wife.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:51 PM

news about to come on with an update at 11pm
Old 04-05-2012, 10:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFBfwX_8mJA

saw this last week regarding bicyclists endangering people and the first thought from the video was 'what a douche cop.' But from reading the comments, the cyclists were being irresponsible and riding carelessly.

i think anything that has wheels and injures a person should be considered with motorist charges.. but the real question is, what if they're on a kick-push scooter lol.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by eklipz98
Sounds like the bike blew through a yellow light in a crowded area. Struck and killed an elderly pedestrian. If he entered the intersection during the yellow I guess he has the right away ?

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...rancisco-dies/
same thing happened to me...

before my car got repainted, a moron riding a bike smashed into my back bumper because he couldnt stop fast enough. And he started bitching saying how his head hurts and his arm and leg got scratched. So i called the police to make a report of what happen. When the police came, the b!tch told the cops that I swerved into the bike lane and hit him and made him fell... WTF, LUCKILY!!!!!! my friend and I was going to work and he was behind me recording my turns and stuffs and show the police that the guy wasn't on the bike lane and was "endangering" our cars. LOOOL, he was later written up with a ticket for false imformation.

Whats funny is, where my accident happened, was like few blocks away from where the cyclist hit and killed the person. Anywho, people who live in the castro district either cant drive, park, or simple idiot.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:39 AM

Cyclists in SF have no regard for cars or following the rules of the road. When I had my Ford Lightning, 3 cyclists blew a stop sign. I broke real hard not to hit anyone of them. They all stopped and started yelling at me saying its my fault. WTF so I calmly said to them, "next time my 4000lb truck won't stop for a-holes like you. Good day" lol that shut them up and got them on their merry way.

I understand we have to share the road with cyclists, but 80-85% just don't effin care and believe they own the road.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:01 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 04-06-2012, 03:46 AM

I hate SF bicyclists, I don't understand why they think blasting through red lights & stop signs are ok. I can remember 5 different occasions where I was already in the intersection in a green light or about to approach & there goes a stupid bicyclist blasting through his red light, making me slam on my brakes & then giving ME a WTF look The first time that happened I was still a youngster & chased after him, I was so mad I probably would have ran him over his bike if he haven't quickly hopped back onto the sidewalk

Quick Reply: Bicycle hits pedestrian and kills pedestrian.