California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Bi-Weekly Thursday Dinner Meets!

Old 11-08-2005, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill be in here and there...especially the local stuff
Old 11-08-2005, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=arrrmand,Nov 8 2005, 02:59 PM] joon: why don't you come out to these meets?
Old 11-08-2005, 03:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigMeanBull,Nov 8 2005, 04:00 PM
I know a lot of folks feel the same way when I said this -

-sorry i refuse to participate in any s2ki events from now on, unless set up by an OG. Thanks for the offer though.

The difference is the demographics have changed that is why a lot of OG's do not come out anymore especially since Sac2kdays earlier this year.

Also, the Admin/Owners of s2ki suck balls. I stick around 'cause of the people I still converse though here.
just a "noob" with a question:

what exactly are the demographics you speak of? im 28 and have been around cars, bikes, and their respective forums for a long time - just not this particular one. anyway i know there is camaraderie amongst the OG members (as with any other forum), so i understand. we're not all 19 year old kids who just bought a cheap used S..
Old 11-08-2005, 03:10 PM

and you guys just jerk around admiring eachothers fart mufflers, and ARC Hot air intakes, nothing worth my time.

granted my last meet was pretty uneventiful for most since they didn't go clubbing.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by rich337,Nov 8 2005, 04:09 PM
just a "noob" with a question:

what exactly are the demographics you speak of? im 28 and have been around cars, bikes, and their respective forums for a long time - just not this particular one. anyway i know there is camaraderie amongst the OG members (as with any other forum), so i understand. we're not all 19 year old kids who just bought a cheap used S..
im 25.

yea basically that is what i'm saying...a bunch of kiddies with cheapy S's with fart pipes, that jerk around and talk about cars all day, and complain about food when they were invited to a free party with free food/beverages.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:39 PM

brian: yah, i figure that twice a month is a fair amount, but this isn't really car related at all, but rather just to hang out with friends. i'd say it's bringing s2ki it back to its "roots", but all things considered, i was never an "OG". i probably won't show up to all of them either, as this is just a feeler, but it'd be a cool thing to look forward to during the work week.

joon: i'm not here to beg for your support, but i hope that you can at least have an open mind and come to at least one of them to give it a try rather than standing behind this idea that you have of the new members and how they act. of course it'll come down to you, but all the meets i've been to haven't involved any sort of immature behavior that'd warrant discrimination or anger from other members.

i'm 22, i guess still considered pretty young, but have been to enough "car club" type functions to know the type of people you're talking about. the average age of the usual "newbie" crew i hang out with is about 25 and we're all working professionals who bought their own car, live on their own, and pretty much fall into the same demographic as you, sans the rampant clubbing that you seem to do; for better or worse. that's sorta why i created This Thread. honestly, all the OG's like vu, asura, and andrew can vouch for us that we're not little "ricer kids". go check my pictures if you want proof.

anyway, i'll get off my soapbox now since you gave probably your most honest answer i've ever seen you give....so that's my honest response. i guess you can go ahead and keep hating if you want....but it's just wasted emotion on your part, since we're all laughing on our end because we know we're not what you think we're like.

......back on topic....WHO'S HUNGRY?!
Old 11-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Box

Originally Posted by BigMeanBull,Nov 8 2005, 04:15 PM
im 25.

yea basically that is what i'm saying...a bunch of kiddies with cheapy S's with fart pipes, that jerk around and talk about cars all day, and complain about food when they were invited to a free party with free food/beverages.
That's quite a broad generelization. I'm 24 and have worked with and for professional companies in the past, Car and Driver, Vishnu Tuning, etc. Most of the car enthusiast owners I hang out with are all young professionals with ample automobile experience like myself as well. But I know how you feel, I don't like associating myself with that type of crowd either.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:49 PM

i have a feeling that i don't fit in here.....
Old 11-08-2005, 05:03 PM

me too, but im in for bi-weekly dinner meets...
Old 11-08-2005, 05:09 PM

[QUOTE=arrrmand,Nov 8 2005, 04:39 PM]
joon: i'm not here to beg for your support, but i hope that you can at least have an open mind and come to at least one of them to give it a try rather than standing behind this idea that you have of the new members and how they act.

Quick Reply: Bi-Weekly Thursday Dinner Meets!