California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Best place for photos

Old 08-27-2006, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place for photos

So I've just finished putting a couple of coats of Zaino Z5/Z6 on my Berlina. Later on today I want to take it somewhere and get a few photos.

Where are some of the best places in the South(ish) Bay Area to take good car photos. Let me know your experiences and I'll post the photos I take.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:49 AM

Depends what type of setting you like, but there are several nice garages, backdrop with palm tress, buildings, and monuments here in the S. Bay.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:35 AM

Golden Gate Bridge, North side.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:18 AM

i say don't go to the most popular/played out spots. good photos to me have interesting backgrounds that complement and compliment the car, so it varies.

i have to disagree w/ the previous 2 posts and say to go to unique spots rather than spots that are aesthetically pleasing without a car. what i'm trying to say is that just because something looks nice as a background doesn't mean that it'll look nice with a car in front of it.

i've tried to do all my shoots in different locations depending on the car with interior and exterior spots. look through my album if you want a few ideas.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:32 AM

^ what he said above should be followed. Don't do the cliche parking garage. There really is nothing beautiful about a concrete parking garage. Go out on one of those scenic mountain drives. Find a vista point that's empty and shoot there. Or find a place near the ocean. Or a nice canyon road that's been repaved with lots of tree coverage. Best hours are around sunrise and sunset. Don't do it close to the noon hour.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:01 PM

PM me. I know some nice spots in the mountians overlooking all of 280 and the southbay. Maybe I can cruise there with ya and take some shots too. ^_^
Old 08-28-2006, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sfkn2,Aug 28 2006, 06:35 AM
Golden Gate Bridge, North side.

I should have taken pic's over looking the view of the bay. It's really nice there and getting to it in an S. Top down is the best

A little more to the left and On a clear day you can practically see the entire bay area.

My car is the GPW, the other is MaxRev's. (His car is awesome!)
Old 08-28-2006, 02:24 PM

Going to have to agree with Jeff. Be unique and find some places that will make us say "Damn that's sick, haven't seen that background done before" instead of the same boring shit.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:33 PM

You guys should make the friday meet a photoshoot meet. We can cruise up Calaveras Blvd into the hills. This of course would mean we have to meet up at 6ish and head there. I have studio lights (strobes with softboxes and umbrellas) and a portable battery pack and can shoot even after the sunset so you'll have night shots of your cars without ugly parking lot lighting.

I think that would be far more interesting than standing around and twiddling our thumbs.

Oh and someone will need to bring a sturdy tripod. I actually don't have one (yet). If you want shots using your own camera, you'll need an SLR camera to hook up to my strobes. I have a wireless setup.

Oh and the care bears campaign needs to be in full affect so that we can maybe have something other than just cars to photograph! The models I normally shoot don't do cars so I can't ask them to come by.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mik3,Aug 28 2006, 02:17 PM

I should have taken pic's over looking the view of the bay. It's really nice there and getting to it in an S. Top down is the best

A little more to the left and On a clear day you can practically see the entire bay area.

My car is the GPW, the other is MaxRev's. (His car is awesome!)
is that up pagemill rd by anychance?

Quick Reply: Best place for photos