California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Best CA Insurance Rates?

Old 09-25-2002, 04:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

Maveric,

You saved me a TON of money!! I was with esurance, and I couldn't be happier about leaving them. Piss-poor customer service!! The worst I've ever experienced in any business, period. And I never even had to make a claim (thank God!!).

My rate with Wawanesa for a YEAR is less than what esurance was charging me for 6 months And the real kicker...I have better coverage with lower deductibles!! I can't thank you enough for posting this. If you're ever in the area, call me up. I'll buy you a .
Old 10-03-2002, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the wawanese website? The link on the first post doesn't work for me. Could it just be my timing and it's just down?
Old 10-03-2002, 08:16 AM

http://www.wawanesa.com/
Old 11-14-2002, 10:03 PM

i got vikings payin 9700 a year for both cars and most of the other insurance companies u guys mentioned wont even in sure me
Old 11-17-2002, 10:41 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I just want to add my 2cents , i have been an insurance broker for more than 23 years: auto insurance will vary for each of us, depending on :

zip code, years licensed experience, supporting policies, type of car, annual miles driven, how many cars you insure, how many years you have been loss free with the same carrier and lapse free (pay those premium on time),deductibles, limits, personal credit, company, and probably something new that will be announced tomorrow!

Rates are changing many times a year at this writing....as we are in a "hard" market now, this cycle of hard vs. soft market changes every few years. The cost of doing business, investment return, losses, legal fees, medical costs, repair costs, and the environment of the state greatly influence rates

There should be little difference between rates for the same set of variables that exceeds 10%, it is a very competative world that changes daily....except if you have mvr activity...then you get what you get where you get it.

Service at time of claim varies widely as well, the quality of who helps you out in times of trouble with advice also varies(agent). Quality of the advice you can obtain from your insurance professional over all is very subjective. Some people (example:that have large adds and tv/radio adds) will take advantage of you in a heartbeat. You should be looking for a long term relationship.

Yes, I write my own coverage and have competative rates. I do business with an excellent company and there are many. There are also alot of sharks out there and schlock markets to be placed with.

Shopping is good when you are new to the area, but if you can find someone who takes good care of you and places you with a company with comparable rates/competative rates then stick with them...over time you are miles ahead of the person who shops the risk every renewal...that notion is outdated since proposition 103 came along and set rate rules back and since 1989.

The above is not a sales pitch, just informed opinion.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:17 PM

Same here.

I used to have AIS/Mercury, but I have saved a lot by moving to Wawanesa.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:17 PM

I don't know if this post will get viewed on this old thread, but I just wanted to let you all know that I dropped Allstate in favor of Wawanesa. I now pay only $646 per YEAR for full coverage, incl. comprehensive and collision on my S2000. So you can make a real comparison if you wish, I have my S2K rated for "pleasure" use, at 3 or 6 thousand annual miles, I have a clean driving record, and am 31 years old.

The only drawbacks to the policy are: the uninsured motorist coverage is a bit skimpy, and if I crash while on a racetrack I'm S-O-L.

But to take advantage of the HUGE $savings I was more than happy to switch. Thanx Maveric and everyone else that vouched for Wawanesa... they're great!
Old 04-03-2003, 07:09 AM

Originally posted by monkeymaker
...So you can make a real comparison if you wish, I have my S2K rated for "pleasure" use, at 3 or 6 thousand annual miles, I have a clean driving record, and am 31 years old...
How do you qualify for "pleasure" use?

Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:44 AM

Yes indeed Maveric. It isn't my primary car for work or getting around town, so there's nothing else it could be but a "pleasure" car.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:39 AM

I pay about $1000/year on my S with AAA. That is full coverage, $1000,000 liability(don't tell anyone). I do have two other cars insured under my policy and my house too. My age has a lot to do with it. I am 44 so I am allegedly out of the danger zone. If only they knew. I think that this premium is about as low as they get for our cars. No tickets. No accidents. Yet.
I am getting a quote from Wawa. I may go with them for my S and keep AAA for my other cars that my kids drive and my house. Should be able to save some bucks like that.

Quick Reply: Best CA Insurance Rates?