California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Bay Area STR Drivers

Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Smashed brz was actually an example of daily driving commuting by a responsible driver. An example that accidents can happen, regardless. Believe what you want. I was not the driver.

Your analogy makes no sense. That doesn't surprise me though because you weren't able to comprehend the point of my suggestion for an alternative thread. At least you're consistent!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

My car isn't STR legal anymore because of my sphericals
Old 02-15-2013, 04:37 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Everyone but Mac, do yourself (and the OP) a favor and delete everyone one of your posts in this thread...

Nice big delete button down at the bottom, get to clicking.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:04 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Everyone but Mac, do yourself (and the OP) a favor and delete everyone one of your posts in this thread...

Nice big delete button down at the bottom, get to clicking.
Sorry, no can do...

Remember, this is a "teen mom story" and I'm the stubborn pimply bleach blonde 14 year old girl who values oppositionality, trivial conflict, and skinny jeans. You are my morally proper Mormon comverted big brother who secretly parties on the weekends. Mac is the charming codependent father who enables us kiddos to individuate like birds flying out the nest. AyJay and ODB are the teenage baby's daddies who "shoot from the hip", attempting to maintain their sense of machismo chivalry but all the while earning "tsk-tsk" from passers by, basking in obliviousness with a curious sense of pride.

A lovely story, no?
Old 02-15-2013, 08:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by macr88
My car isn't STR legal anymore because of my sphericals
Do you still autocross with SCCA? You'd be in BSP, right? I don't think your car would have a significant performance advantage over STR, though. So it wouldn't be too off comparing your times with other STR cars.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by odb812
Do you still autocross with SCCA? You'd be in BSP, right? I don't think your car would have a significant performance advantage over STR, though. So it wouldn't be too off comparing your times with other STR cars.
I used to and was thinking about joining again but wasn't sure, I like the people there but I don't like the system, it may be better now but I like the laid back scene at AAS and UFO.
Plus there was a whole stink about one of the people setting up courses, I didn't see any issue other than the fact the those two people didn't get along. Anyway lol I'm not sure what my car would be in, I think you're right about BSP though.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:31 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by macr88
I used to and was thinking about joining again but wasn't sure, I like the people there but I don't like the system, it may be better now but I like the laid back scene at AAS and UFO.
Plus there was a whole stink about one of the people setting up courses, I didn't see any issue other than the fact the those two people didn't get along. Anyway lol I'm not sure what my car would be in, I think you're right about BSP though.
This is my biggest aversion to AutoX, are there any groups that do a more limited events that allow open practice runs, and then end with timed runs?
Old 02-15-2013, 05:33 PM
Former Moderator

Not that I know of, the idea of auto x is to know what your car is capable of. You walk the course first to get an idea then drive it as fast as possible.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your best bet at getting more runs with someone like AAS is to show up do a morning run group and your work assignment and then do the same thing aftrr lunch.
Im going to miss autoxing this year and maybe next year but buying a house was more important than racing.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:15 AM
Former Moderator

You bought a house? Congrats

Quick Reply: Bay Area STR Drivers