California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Bay Area STR Drivers

Old 02-13-2013, 10:48 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tbkonwso
you know when someone is getting desperate when they have to talk about what they do for living, how much they make and what kind of high end education they had. lets just respect the fact that everyone find fun in different types of Motorsports.
Lol so true. Humility is key.

Originally Posted by AyJay' timestamp='1360782795' post='22335427
Please do not attempt to categorize "Touge" as a legit form of motorsport.
i think the important thing is the bond between men and his machine, the joy that brings a smile to your face.

we all love the s2000 just in different ways.

hellaflush/stance nation
Touge racer
street racer
autoxer
road racer
car show queens
drag racer

whatever
This is exactly what my car club is about. Cooperatively experiencing the joy of car and driving enthusiasm. We also don't hate (but of course we get hated on). Also totally not uncommon to see some of the more well respected rack junkies passing by in the depths of the mountains in the middle of the night. They silently lurk these threads with a grin on their face.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U get "hated on" because u put peoples lives in danger. That's worlds different than just makin ur car look wack.

Track rats?? I am that track rat ur talkin about... and many of us aren't silently lurking and grinning in approval of u. I've been in the car when u touge coolguys wanna show off and wrap us around a tree. I know how fast things get away from many of u.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Any cruise or car exhibition will depend on the safety and awareness of the drivers at hand, regardless of when its held. Many of the cruises i've been on, daytime or nighttime, have a different order of who's leading. That's why we have the fast group, the fun group, and the slow/cruise group. Be safe and know your limits, don't drive like a complete idiot, and everyone will generally be happy
Old 02-13-2013, 03:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you know when someone is getting desperate when they have to talk about what they do for living, how much they make and what kind of high end education they had. lets just respect the fact that everyone find fun in different types of Motorsports.
Care to tell me what I'm so desperate about? I only brought up my occupation when I was asked. I only mentioned I had a good job when someone who doesn't know me called me a dumbass for spelling a word incorrectly since I feel that the ability to secure a good job is a better measure of aptitude than spelling. I make no mention of income or high end education, but I joined the military and went to war twice to pay for my education, so I take pride in it and don't really appreciate people who don't know me calling me a dumbass.

Originally Posted by eklipz98
One of the keys to being humble is to know when to show what you know and when to keep your mouth shut. I could have been better about keeping my mouth shut in response to all the senseless posts in this thread, but I see no self control from you as far as keeping your mouth shut.

I don't get on your touge threads and criticize you guys. I don't see why you have to get on my thread and beat this "touge vs. racing" dead horse and post your hilarious pictures and videos.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by AyJay
U get "hated on" because u put peoples lives in danger. That's worlds different than just makin ur car look wack.Track rats?? I am that track rat ur talkin about... and many of us aren't silently lurking and grinning in approval of u. I've been in the car when u touge coolguys wanna show off and wrap us around a tree. I know how fast things get away from many of u.
I think that anytime we get into a multi-thousand pound vehicle and drive it someone's life is in danger.
Whether it be amateur/professional on a track, or on the street, the risk is inherent.

When I say "track junky" (not track-rat), there is no negative implication intended. I'm referring to someone who is enthusiastic and devoted to that particular activity. You were not being referred to by my post, as I stated they are "silently lurking" (which you are not).

You may want to re-evaluate your decision making if you are in the passenger's seat of a car driven by a "cool guy" who is showing off if your experience has ended in botany.

Originally Posted by darkfalcon
Any cruise or car exhibition will depend on the safety and awareness of the drivers at hand, regardless of when its held. Many of the cruises i've been on, daytime or nighttime, have a different order of who's leading. That's why we have the fast group, the fun group, and the slow/cruise group. Be safe and know your limits, don't drive like a complete idiot, and everyone will generally be happy

We always do our best to humble all drivers prior to departure as well as outlining all the rules/expectations.

Originally Posted by odb812
Originally Posted by tbkonwso' timestamp='1360782115' post='22335387
Care to tell me what I'm so desperate about? I only brought up my occupation when I was asked. I only mentioned I had a good job when someone who doesn't know me called me a dumbass for spelling a word incorrectly since I feel that the ability to secure a good job is a better measure of aptitude than spelling. I make no mention of income or high end education, but I joined the military and went to war twice to pay for my education, so I take pride in it and don't really appreciate people who don't know me calling me a dumbass.
One of the keys to being humble is to know when to show what you know and when to keep your mouth shut. I could have been better about keeping my mouth shut in response to all the senseless posts in this thread, but I see no self control from you as far as keeping your mouth shut. I don't get on your touge threads and criticize you guys. I don't see why you have to get on my thread and beat this "touge vs. racing" dead horse and post your hilarious pictures and videos.
Let's clarify here, using the facts...

1. You were the one who said dumbass, no one called you that.
2. You later labelled yourself a dumbass.
3. You also volunteered the 'good job' statement in your reply (typically a reference to income, but not always).

I think the lesson learned here is to think before you type. Ironically, your suggestion to keep my mouth shut (while also admitting you don't keep your own mouth shut in response to me) isn't exactly practicing what you preach.

With that said, I personally have respect and appreciation for your time served you the military, and your current career. No real issue there.

Another interesting idea to introduce here is that I have never seen a touge enthusiast have hard feelings for a track or auto-x driver for doing what they love. That seems to be a one-way street in the opposite direction. Where we seem to run into trouble is when replies are founded in "holier than thou" mentalities.

Lastly, I post hilarious pictures just to emphasize that this is all in good fun and with the hope of keeping things light hearted. In essence, I do it for you.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:30 PM

One idea that was proposed recently following interactions like the ones seen in this thread is for an independent thread to address the "touge vs. track" conundrum, from a completely different angle. The idea would be to specifically address the driving techniques, passions, and philosophy (without the more heated debate of legality, risk, and ethics). Certainly people engaging in either or both driving activities have similar levels of passion and valuable information to share, ideally in a constructive manner.

I'm curious what people think about THAT?

Old 02-14-2013, 08:51 AM

Let's clarify here, using the facts...

1. You were the one who said dumbass, no one called you that.
2. You later labelled yourself a dumbass.
3. You also volunteered the 'good job' statement in your reply (typically a reference to income, but not always).

I think the lesson learned here is to think before you type. Ironically, your suggestion to keep my mouth shut (while also admitting you don't keep your own mouth shut in response to me) isn't exactly practicing what you preach.

With that said, I personally have respect and appreciation for your time served you the military, and your current career. No real issue there.

Another interesting idea to introduce here is that I have never seen a touge enthusiast have hard feelings for a track or auto-x driver for doing what they love. That seems to be a one-way street in the opposite direction. Where we seem to run into trouble is when replies are founded in "holier than thou" mentalities.

Lastly, I post hilarious pictures just to emphasize that this is all in good fun and with the hope of keeping things light hearted. In essence, I do it for you.

Dude, I'm just calling a spade a spade. He didn't type the letters in, he just selected them and made them bold. I'm not sure what his comment could have meant if he wasn't calling me a dumbass. There's a subtle difference between him calling me a dumbass and me labeling touge drivers as dumbasses. His comment is directed towards me personally, my comment is directed towards individuals I identify based on their behavior. You wouldn't argue if I said "you dumbass guys who do poorly on tests, frequently make mistakes, and rarely learn from mistakes," because the criteria for being part of this group is exhibiting the behavior of a dumbass. Just the same, I believe participating in an illegal activity that could result in slapping the cuffs on when there are legal outlets for the same activity, the behavior of a dumbass. I'm not sure how me agreeing with him calling me a dumbass after the fact makes his comment legit. That's that humility thing you were talking about.

Your comments about keeping your mouth shut are a perfect example of how you could take your own advice about humility. Look at my comments. I start by admitting I could have done a better job of keeping my mouth shut. You start by pointing the finger at me like a child scorned, saying I need to take my own advice when I've already admitted that. Then you proceed to ramble excuses why you're not wrong for running your mouth. Look at this thread. What have you said here that has anything to do with autocross. Just admit you have no business in this thread, you just wanted the attention.

Finally, grow the f@#k up man. I'm saying that for you.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:12 AM

My intention is not to get attention although you've done a good job of giving me that. The rest is really just a semantics battle, which I will respectfully avoid because I've already done a sufficient job of highlighting my points in the post you quoted.

This is a public forum in which the entire purpose is to express ourselves. If no one did that we wouldn't have a forum. I don't expect everyone to agree with me or with you.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 PM

My intention is not to get attention although you've done a good job of giving me that.
In the same sentence, you say you don't want the attention then act like me providing that attention for you is some sort of success. But whatever, that's your deal.

I've admitted my faults in this thread. All that I'm asking is that you be a man and admit that you have contributed nothing useful pertaining to autocross in this thread about autocross. Plain and simple.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One idea that was proposed recently following interactions like the ones seen in this thread is for an independent thread to address the "touge vs. track" conundrum, from a completely different angle. The idea would be to specifically address the driving techniques, passions, and philosophy (without the more heated debate of legality, risk, and ethics). Certainly people engaging in either or both driving activities have similar levels of passion and valuable information to share, ideally in a constructive manner.

I'm curious what people think about THAT?

I'm not interested in sharing driving techniques with someone putting other lives in danger who unknowingly share the road with you. By asking for driving techniques, you are like the 15 yo girl @ the planned parenthood trying to get birth control. Instead of giving out condoms and pills the message should be quit fawking little girl!

So we ask you, quit fawking.

edit... of course, you are going to keep fawking and we are all forced to watch your teen mom story

is that smashed brz you have for sale an example of your teen mom story?

Quick Reply: Bay Area STR Drivers