California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Bay Area S2000 T-shirt ideas

Old 07-11-2002, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bay Area S2000 T-shirt ideas

Ok, after seeing other areas come out with simple but cool T-shirts for their area S2000 events and clubs, the Bay Area group really needs to get on the ball. We NEED a cool t-shirt! I think we should solicit for ideas...we need a simple logo (for the front left), and a maybe simple image for the back. We will likely need to limit the number of colors to 3 printed or embroidered colors, on a base white (or black) shirt. This means that unless people want to spend some big bucks on getting full-colour process printed images which will allow for "photo-type" images, we'll be limited to vector artwork.

My suggestions are that we design for a white shirt since we will all be wearing it while the top is down, and a black shirt, while cool looking, will not feel cool.

Please submit you ideas in this thread. We would like to get logos and designs settled in the next 2 weeks so that we can then find a good source for these shirts. If anyone has any connections for a good budget-priced source for simple screen printed t-shirts, please let me know. Looks like I'll be taking this on.

To get us started, Here are two ideas I put together tonight. These were set up for the front but can be redesigned for the back.

Old 07-12-2002, 07:09 AM

I like the Golden Gate Bridge background. I would kind of like to see a picture of the car included. I would prefer something from the side as in this photo:
Old 07-12-2002, 09:17 AM

yu888, I think it's a great idea. Maybe we can have the designated colors like: spa yellow, suzuka blue, white and red....... I will also think of some cool pic for the front!
Old 07-12-2002, 09:17 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by scottrnelson
[B]I like the Golden Gate Bridge background.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by Souljah6476
Are you suggesting we use your car too? Its a good picture, real nice background too
Don't use my car unless I drive into San Francisco and take a new picture with the Bridge in the background.

I wouldn't want a picture of Mexican Hat, Utah on a Bay Area shirt.

The car doesn't even have to be red. In fact, I would be happy with any color, as long as it's not that wimpy looking light blue color.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:30 AM

I like the idea of putting the car image on too, but i do not have an appropriate sketch that would be condusive to a single or 2 color screen print/ or embroidery. the limits I am working under are to keep the image as simple as possible. If someone that does good illustrations can do a line drawing of the S2000 in vector format so that we can use it, I am all ears!

I suppose the other question that needs answering is how much we are willing to pay for these shirts. i will start a poll in a seperate thread for this.

Please continue to post ideas and comments though, thanks!
Old 07-12-2002, 10:35 AM

Just a few more ideas, including a line art drawing of the car.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:24 AM

I like the yellow one, assuming we can get a more accurate drawing. It has all the right elements.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:41 AM
Red

Can we get the shirts in white with cars in colors? I'll take a white shirt, red car.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:23 PM

maybe we can modify and customize this?

Quick Reply: Bay Area S2000 T-shirt ideas