California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

which bay area honda dealer/service should i go to?

Old 06-03-2005, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Def Hopkins Honda. Ask for Elena or Steve. Tell them that Kelvin sent you. They'll take care of you.

Old 06-03-2005, 04:14 PM

The Menlo Honda salespeople treated me like shit when I was shopping around for cars. I would never take a car there again.

I hope the service people aren't total douchebags. I'd go to Mike Harvey, personally.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by StEVEN_s2k,Jun 3 2005, 11:22 AM
i agree, capitol has the worst service. The screw plug for the licence plate fell through and wanted them to fix it or put it back. So they were pulling and bending the bumper to take it out, having to take out the bumper anyways to put it back in.
Anyway they didnt get it out. I thought they knew what they were doing but after they were like 'yeah we cant do it here anyway it has to go to a body shop.' i wanted to break that foos teeth.
My license plate screw plug fell inside my bumper too. I took it to Capitol and Stevens Creek Honda and both places suck!!!! @ Capitol, I spoke to a Japanese guy w/ the last name Matsu (I think). Anyhow, he said I'll need to get a new bumper. I told him that all I needed was for them to take the bumper off and then put a new one. I was willing to pay for the part but he insisted on a new bumper.

Secondly, I went to Stevens Creek and the dumb service department said I'll need a diagnosis. $140 just to see what the problem is...and its not even mechanical/electrical problem. So I left too.

Summary: DO NOT GO TO STEVENS CREEK OR CAPTIOL. Horrible service

I do give for Larry Hopkins Honda!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by AsianQing,Jun 5 2005, 08:23 AM
Secondly, I went to Stevens Creek and the dumb service department said I'll need a diagnosis. $140 just to see what the problem is...and its not even mechanical/electrical problem. So I left too.
OMFG. Why not just call that place Stevens Creek HOLDUP instead of HONDA?

"Ya um, I gotta run a diagnostics on your car because some hardware fell into the bumper. Oh yeah, what kind of Honda is this, I've never seen one of these before?"

No thanks.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:06 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys...I'm gonna give Hopkins in Sunnyvale a shot and see how I like them. They're a bit more convenient for me than Menlo and have gotten some good recommendations.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:47 PM

I was never really planing to take my car to the dealer unless there is warranty work needed.

I'll do at least 1/2 the work myself. The rest I'll have done at Import Auto tech in Livermore. They gave a good price/service to work on my Integra and the owner has an S2000!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 03:13 PM

Has anyone try Dublin Honda before ? It is close to my house but I am not sure if they are good. Purchased the car from Honda of Oakland but I am not impress with their service department :/
Old 09-15-2005, 04:57 PM

I get a bad vibe from livermore because they don't carry S2000s. I just don't want them to install the wrong oil filter or add the wrong differential oil.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by AsianQing,Jun 5 2005, 08:23 AM
I do give for Larry Hopkins Honda!!!

got my car there too
Old 09-16-2005, 08:03 AM

2002silver
Dont ever go to Concord/Wanlut Creek honda. they are all gay and aint willng to get done. Nor do they know what they need to do. "Your S2000 is just fine and we could find no problem" WTF??
Your signature indicates that you are from San Diego, how do you know anything about Concord or Walnut Creek Honda. Or you are just throwing mud to see if it would stick?

- Cheers,

Quick Reply: which bay area honda dealer/service should i go to?