California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

BAY AREA BBQ/POTLUCK

Old 01-08-2013, 03:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I will know closer to the date.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:55 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Meets are great if they are not broken up by local PD!

I take my kids to Lake Elizabeth almost daily for play ground time and jogging and live pretty close by. M3forum used to hold our meets in that park but to be honest you are less than a block away from Fremont Police and they patrol heavily.

On most summer weekends people start to hog their BBQ spots as early as 6am (ask me how I know)! Trying to do a car meet without proper permits and local authorities notified will no doubt get it shut down fast. There are lots of families, kids and I know the police don't look kindly on modded cars that speed around.

If you want to do a big car meet, my suggestion is move it away from heavy pedestrian and weekend traffic areas. I know s2000 groups can easily hit 100 cars. The BMW M3 meets rarely had more than 20-30 cars so it's manageable.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Count me in
Old 01-08-2013, 04:58 PM

I don't see how a car meet is really any different than the rest of the population that uses the local parks. I don't foresee a problem. The problems lies in people doin stupid stuff like smoking (blunts/tires) or using the grounds for something they are not intended for. If a Christian church wanted to have a prayer and some hot dogs at the park it wouldn't be an issue.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This location is just an option I have other places in mind. Thanks for your feedback ill keep them in mind.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i may be gone that weekend... we will see though.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:44 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by eklipz98
I don't see how a car meet is really any different than the rest of the population that uses the local parks. I don't foresee a problem. The problems lies in people doin stupid stuff like smoking (blunts/tires) or using the grounds for something they are not intended for. If a Christian church wanted to have a prayer and some hot dogs at the park it wouldn't be an issue.
LOL believe what you want, just telling you as it is. 20 cars "maybe" is ok. But get a mob of people standing next to their cars with hoods open and see what happens next. A meet sucks if everyone has to go home early.

Christian people won't be standing next to their cars

When I think of a Megameet I'm thinking those meets like Treasure Island or San Leandro, etc. You will never get that going in Fremont. Remember that incident at Stoneridge?

Put a group of people together and it's beyond your control, always one idiot!

Hanzel, if you are looking for a cool place, maybe talk to Ohlone College off Mission if they will sponsor it on their private grounds.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:19 PM

This would be so awesome when it comes together. just saying hi!

BTW... If you want to fill up the whole parking lot. I suggest you get there early. I used to jog at lake elizabeth and morning till mid afternoon get pretty fill during the weekend. At the Marina in San Leandro has way more space and a bigger park. you can play football there.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by s4play
Originally Posted by eklipz98' timestamp='1357696681' post='22254583
LOL believe what you want, just telling you as it is. 20 cars "maybe" is ok. But get a mob of people standing next to their cars with hoods open and see what happens next. A meet sucks if everyone has to go home early.
I remember Stoneridge. It wasn't at a park. It was pure loitering in an unwelcome area. It was a bunch of thugs, and a clearly suspicious disrespectful uninviting crowd. Big difference from a "club" (car, or not) meeting at a park having a BBQ. The park has BBQ's and parking spots so citizens can park their cars and BBQ there. I don't see the issue. No different than 100+ citizens playing soccer in the park on weekends.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 PM

We used to have huge meets here all the time and the cops were never an issue. As long as everyone is on good behavior we should be fine.

1. Hanzel - Korean BBQ and White rice.
2. Chris - Chips/Salsa and Beer
3. Victor - Doughnuts
4. Brian - Food and Drinks
5. Jeff - Egg Rolls

Quick Reply: BAY AREA BBQ/POTLUCK