California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

The Battle Begins... iPhone vs. New Blackberry...

Old 07-25-2007, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thejohnremus,Jul 25 2007, 02:24 PM
iphone is still far too overhyped.

I think with it's next realease later in the year/early next year it will improve a lot of things.
But right now, other phones with years of R&D under their belt easily win this contest
Doubt Apple will release a Rev B iPhone anytime soon. Especially when they know they have you stuck in a 2 year contract with AT&T. Also knowing Apple's track record, once something is released, don't expect an update anytime soon. However, there are a lot of rumors over an iPhone nano, but that will have none of the features of the iphone minus the ipod/phone calling ability.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Green Tea,Jul 25 2007, 05:04 PM
However, there are a lot of rumors over an iPhone nano
I disagree
There's been sooo many complaints/issues about what this release is lacking as far as features to compete with phones that were out two years ago.

As for the nano... I think that's a big joke/rumor. The tech writer who initially came out as saying "it's definitely going to be released" was quickly followed up by reports that his information he based it on was incorrect..

if they do release an iphone nano, ok... but I think that'd it be kind of a joke phone if they did. would you really want to give all features save dialing out and receiving calls?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by thejohnremus,Jul 25 2007, 04:24 PM
I disagree
There's been sooo many complaints/issues about what this release is lacking as far as features to compete with phones that were out two years ago.

As for the nano... I think that's a big joke/rumor. The tech writer who initially came out as saying "it's definitely going to be released" was quickly followed up by reports that his information he based it on was incorrect..

if they do release an iphone nano, ok... but I think that'd it be kind of a joke phone if they did. would you really want to give all features save dialing out and receiving calls?
There is no reason for Apple to just totally overhaul their iPhone when sales have been great. Apple is very well aware of their niche market. On the subject of a cheaper version of the iphone, yes, it is nothing more than speculation. Whether or not it does appear, time will tell. It does make sense to have an "affordable" phone that has the ability to use iTunes and sync with your mac (targeting high school kids that generally can't afford an iphone). Granted i have no interest in an iphone nano if it were to be available, I am very content with my current phone.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:52 PM

i have little interest in buying one either, nano or regular.

I just get a kick out of all people that get overly excited for Apple product releases. We do a lot work with Apple, and their fan base is crazy
Old 07-25-2007, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Project22a,Jul 25 2007, 01:30 PM
Anthony, chime in?
ok heres my take....

iphone is an awesome phone. i have no doubt that it is an awesome phone. it is extremely user friendly, no glitches that i have seen with the phone at all (except activation process on itunes which is stressful). other than those things...it is the best phone you could possibly get out there...

when you talk about a blackberry, your talking about a completely different phone. the iphone is a consumer product, the blackberry is a business product. business' DO NOT NEED iphones!!!! you know why? blackberry saturated the market with their push e mail that it is the best thing (which i believe) you could have on any phone when your business relys on e mail. e mails that instantly come in go directly to your phone and also gives you the option to reply and open attachements.

heres a little more of my rant and you guys will love this...steve jobs...is a ****in genius. nobody knows it, but he just opened up the world to Data Centric devices. has anyone with an iphone notice that the data plan is only 20 bucks? and being that, our original pda's and blackberry plans start at $40/month. So with the iphones capabilities of internet being as good as any other PDA its a cheaper price. why? because ATT is forcing the consumer market to FINALLY get a PDA. by doing this people are going to want PDA's and FINALLY understand how much you need a PDA in your life. It is an awesome organizer and awesome internet device. Suprisingly, the voice portion on the phone is EXCELLENT!!!
is that iphone a "pda" (notice the quotation marks) to me? no not really...but it definetely is a step to owning the first of many PDA's. The functionality of the phone is LIKE a pda. its awesome! if i need to clarify what i just said...lmk. but its just my .02
Old 07-25-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I JUST FARTED
Old 07-25-2007, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by thejohnremus,Jul 25 2007, 05:52 PM
I just get a kick out of all people that get overly excited for Apple product releases.