California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

bad night for me..

Old 03-22-2009, 05:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad night for me..

had a bad feeling about today, i guess it was true... did a 360 in the rain and hit a curb.. luckily there was no body damage.. my front driver side wheel area is basically gone. cracked ap1 rim, rotor and caliper. thats all i can see for now. hopefully there isnt any major issues. lemme know if you have any of these parts for sale. gonna try and get it back in running condition asap.

rear got bent a bit..

Old 03-22-2009, 06:43 AM

Jesus man, didn't you just get your car too? If you've cracked a wheel -- likely you're going to need some new suspension parts as well. Sounds like you're personally okay -- so that's a plus. Watch out with the S in the rain -- unless your tires are good, the car is a handful.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:13 AM

I drive like a granny in the rain....
Old 03-22-2009, 08:30 AM

i wanna get way of my ap1 oem rims that was painted black but left the lip sliver .... let me know if you want the whole set and i also have a set one stock shock on RSR springs springs less then 3k in it ...

i only took one of them to get u an idea of the it ..... cuz i put it under my bed ... i will have to move the whole bed to take em out ....let me know if you are interested
Old 03-22-2009, 08:45 AM

Dang Kevin that stinks. Gotta be careful driving RWD in the rain. We have heard too many of these stories. I myself spun out the other day but luckily didnt hit anything. I have a set of NSX wheels if youre interested.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:41 AM

danvuquoc - yeah dude thats what sucks the most. out of all the cars i went through it had to be the S. this is my first accident ever... the car has new all seasons kumho's but i guess that doesnt do well in rain..

SquirtleS2K - yeah dude i needa start doing that. i was actually driving at speed limit too

AirWick219 - ill let you know, im hopeing i can find someone with 1 ap1 rim they dont want..

Ap1Nyt - this is actually my first rwd.. all my other cars have been fwd...

anyone know of any steelies that would fit our car? might need one for temp... also are the ap2(MY04) rotor, caliper, etc the same as ap1?
Old 03-22-2009, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by chViETnk,Mar 22 2009, 09:41 AM
danvuquoc - yeah dude thats what sucks the most. out of all the cars i went through it had to be the S. this is my first accident ever... the car has new all seasons kumho's but i guess that doesnt do well in rain..

SquirtleS2K - yeah dude i needa start doing that. i was actually driving at speed limit too

AirWick219 - ill let you know, im hopeing i can find someone with 1 ap1 rim they dont want..

Ap1Nyt - this is actually my first rwd.. all my other cars have been fwd...

anyone know of any steelies that would fit our car? might need one for temp... also are the ap2(MY04) rotor, caliper, etc the same as ap1?
All season tires are good at pretty much nothing. They've got mediocre wet performance, mediocre dry performance, and mediocre snow performance. You're going to learn very quickly that owning an S2000 isn't like owning a Civic -- parts are expensive and stock they come with good tires, replacing them with all weather $100 specials at your local tire shop is going to get you in trouble.

Glad you're alright fix the car and be careful in the wet and the dry because we'd like to see you at more meets!
Old 03-22-2009, 09:56 AM

i got the car with those so wasnt really a choice.. ive actually never owned a civic before haha but i know what you mean..

anyone know where i can pick up brand new oem parts at a good price?
Old 03-22-2009, 10:18 AM

If i were you, i would get some used parts. It wouldnt cost you too much.

I feel ya tho. I was drivin in the rain last night and it was so scary because ive had close calls before. I could feel my car wanting to just hydroplane over bumps on the highway. One night my car rear just whipped out while i was driving like 50 mph on a slight turn. The thing is it wasnt even raining! It was just extremely foggy and the road didnt appear to be wet. Luckily i managed to regain control before i hit the wall. That same night on the way home, as i was pulling out from jack in the box, my car rear whipped out again. So the lesson is you should really feather the throttle when you think there is any moisture on the pavement and make sure u have the same kind of tires all around.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:25 AM

s2kcr guy has all the parts you need. If not then most of the parts you'll need to get back on the road in no time.

Quick Reply: bad night for me..