California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

bad news :( PICS are up

Old 07-31-2007, 11:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id have to say. we have shitted in this thread once again it never fails.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itS2Krazy,Aug 1 2007, 12:07 AM
but the way that kaan said that he overrevved it. i kinda think it might be more than the valves.
You mean the pistons, piston rings, cylinders, crankshaft, main and rod bearings

I dun think the lower end got damaged, but would be a good idea to replace the bearings when re-building the engine. An over rev wont affect the cylinder walls or the piston rings. The reason why there is no compression is cause there is one or more valves that are bent, meaning that no matter what position the crankshaft is in, yer gonna be way down on compression cause the valves are not sealing.

The cylinders should be good to go

Old 07-31-2007, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by RACER,Aug 1 2007, 12:13 AM
You mean the pistons, piston rings, cylinders, crankshaft, main and rod bearings

I dun think the lower end got damaged, but would be a good idea to replace the bearings when re-installing the engine. An over rev wont affect the cylinder walls or the piston rings. The reason why there is no compression is cause there is one or more valves that are bent, meaning that no matter what position the crankshaft is in, yer gonna be way down on compression cause the valves are not sealing.

The cylinders should be good to go
he could have spun the bearing? we dont know. it could be anything. this is how mechanics get a bad rep. they didnt take the head off and they qouted him. what if they take the head apart and find that something else is wrong. then something else. then something else.

then he just looks shady.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:19 PM

An over rev doesn't affect the rod or crank (main) bearing's cause an over rev takes place over a very brief amound of time. A spun bearing is due to neglect, run low on oil a few times. An over rev takes place in no more than several seconds. Spun bearings are usually caused when the engine was run with low levels of engine oil at one time or another.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:21 PM

It wouldn't hurt to change the bearings anyway. The crankshaft should be fine
Old 07-31-2007, 11:22 PM

Aiiiyyyeee, if you did all 4 cylinders it'd be proly around 3k, because you only need one head gasket, the cylinder head will already be reconditioned and the labor of taking on and off the head will be done, it'd just be a little extra labor for the extra valves install and the extra parts.

Say you want to get a new motor, it'll be $X,xxx.xx for the motor (proly at least 3k) then the labor to pull out your old motor and install the new $X,xxx.xx unless you have qualified s2ki members want to help which may save you some labor $$$. dunno dood.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by db17k,Aug 1 2007, 12:22 AM

Aiiiyyyeee, if you did all 4 cylinders it'd be proly around 3k, because you only need one head gasket, the cylinder head will already be reconditioned and the labor of taking on and off the head will be done, it'd just be a little extra labor for the extra valves install and the extra parts.

Say you want to get a new motor, it'll be $X,xxx.xx for the motor (proly at least 3k) then the labor to pull out your old motor and install the new $X,xxx.xx unless you have qualified s2ki members want to help which may save you some labor $$$. dunno dood.
long block for sale

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=453075
Old 07-31-2007, 11:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i decided guys , i ll take the car to my home , and do it with one of my friend , i m not in hurry , if i stuck then i ll bring it to my another mechanic, i m sure when i need help i can ask in the forum , btw i need manufacture repair manual , i saw there was a guy who was sellling couple of them couple days ago , but i cant find him right now

is there anyone has one , i if so i need to get a copy of that
Old 07-31-2007, 11:50 PM

you gotta be careful kaan. you need a bunch of special tools. its not all that easy.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:51 PM

look at the labor time they qouted you.

Quick Reply: bad news :( PICS are up