California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Awesome Sheriff is Awesome!

Old 05-06-2012, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn... that guy deserves a
Old 05-07-2012, 03:06 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Same as JP as far as my experience with pd vs sherriffs.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:33 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky666
pretty awesome haha. what is the point of a front plate anyway? thank god i live in pa.
Front plate is meant so the cops have a solid flat surface to hit you with their radar and laser guns
Old 05-07-2012, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Recruit555
It's actually pretty cool making driver's days when you act like a "human". I promised myself getting into that field, I'm not going to be a prick.
wish there are more cops like you. Sometimes they alredy have that you are "guilty" in their mind when they stop you for whatever the reason.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eklipz98
Same as JP as far as my experience with pd vs sherriffs.

I generally find sheriffs much more agreeable to deal with as well. Had one pull me over while I was on the way to meet up with a few people to do some meteor shower watching. I explained where I was going so late at night and he told me to slow it down a bit and let me go.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by toofarfromjune
No criminal background and not running my mouth seems to go a long way.
This. I've gotten out of some pretty interesting cop situations/potential tickets by simply... being a decent human being. That's not to say, that's the only variable of why I got out; but it has a lot to do with it. My favorite walk-away so far would be getting pulled over for noise violation (3" + 7500rpms = LOUD) through some sweepers, having the cop search my car (at my willingness) and walking away clean as a whistle.

When I pull over: Keys on the dash, indoor lights on if night, hands on the wheel, ask for permission to take them off, and sirs/maams/officers at the end of every sentence. Seems to have gone a long way.

I suppose not doing illegal things would be the less stressful way; but where's the fun in that?
Old 05-07-2012, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by whiteflash
Originally Posted by toofarfromjune' timestamp='1336332240' post='21674138
This. I've gotten out of some pretty interesting cop situations/potential tickets by simply... being a decent human being. That's not to say, that's the only variable of why I got out; but it has a lot to do with it. My favorite walk-away so far would be getting pulled over for noise violation (3" + 7500rpms = LOUD) through some sweepers, having the cop search my car (at my willingness) and walking away clean as a whistle.

When I pull over: Keys on the dash, indoor lights on if night, hands on the wheel, ask for permission to take them off, and sirs/maams/officers at the end of every sentence. Seems to have gone a long way.

I suppose not doing illegal things would be the less stressful way; but where's the fun in that?
Wow, you got it down. That's the ideal picture,textbook...

Gpwuster, thanks... I'm definitely on this side of it all! work is work ><
Old 05-08-2012, 07:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Recruit555
Originally Posted by whiteflash' timestamp='1336416099' post='21676522
[quote name='toofarfromjune' timestamp='1336332240' post='21674138']

Wow, you got it down. That's the ideal picture,textbook...

[/quote]

I've realized that 'confrontations' with officers can easily go downhill fast, but they don't have to, and it usually starts with very minor, but key details that we as citizens are responsible before the confrontation happens. If you make the officer even 50% less nervous about the pull over, meaning to say, your hands are visibly not searching for weapons and your car is off so you can't flee, you've practically already won them over before the ordeal even started. Every pull over is another chance for a officer to have a weapon drawn on them, hit by the offending driver (or traffic in general), or a whole host of possible negative outcomes; remove that fear and they'll really appreciate you for it. People like to just call officers dicks, but they don't usually take into account how their actions and attitudes are the catalyst to a bad situation getting worse or getting better.